Martin bond

Sub Harness wiring details

Martin bond

For NC750X. 2014 on

Honda provides a Sub Harness part No 08A70-MJL-D30 which plugs in to the 6 pin connector provided on the bikes wiring loom. You will also need the relay and fuse kit 08A70-MGS-D30

There are three wires on the 6 pin connector on the bikes loom.  

·         Red/white which has +12V, switched from the ignition

·         Purple that has +12V switched with the High beam

·         Green wire to ground/ earth

The two wires that have +12v only do so when the key is in the on position and the fuse and relay have been installed in the indicated place in the fuse box.

When the sub harness is connected to the auxiliary plug on the bike. this loom this provides 3 output sockets, 2 of these have 2 wires, Brown & Green. The 3rd has 3 wires Brown, Green & Blue.

Sockets 1 & 2 have the following wire configuration.

·         Brown  =   12v+ switched with ignition on

·         Green =     Ground / earth -

Socket 3 has the following wire configuration.

·         Blue  = 12v+ switched from High beam

Sockets 1 & 2 can be used in the following way.

For any accessory that needs an ignition controlled supply such as Sat Nav, Mobile Phone, or accessory socket. With a max load of 5 amp for both sockets. 

If you are fitting heated grips that require more than 5 amps you will need to fit an additional relay into the circuit operated by the brown wire, and a direct fused + 12v feed from the battery for the main +12v supply to the grips. ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

The 3rd Socket is for auxiliary lighting.

If you are fitting day time lights that you wish to be permanently on then you need only the green – ground/ earth wire and the +12v brown wire. You will need to fit an additional relay into the circuit operated by the brown wire, and a direct fused + 12v feed from the battery for the main +12v supply to the lights. ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

If you are fitting additional High Beam Spot lights and wish them to operate with the high beam then you will need to use the green – ground/ earth wire and the blue wire +12v to trigger the relay ( the brown wire is not used.) . ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

I will be putting up additional wiring posts in the near future for additional lights etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Grumpy Meltdown

Nice job Martin. 👍

peteandalex

hi ive got a 2017 nc750x but i can't find the from accessory harness can some one point me in the right place as to what it looks like and where

cheers

pete

Grumpy Meltdown

It's clipped into a dummy moulding on the outside bottom of the frunk. Left hand side of the bike, behind the fairing panel.

wendeg

There are at least 3 plastic panels to remove before you can access the 6p connector from where it is located in the dummy. I tried to get access without removing panels but there is the main harness passing just underneath.

MikeBike

Don't know if it's the case with the 2017 bikes but on my (2014/5 model) there was so much cable slack in the harness/sub harness I could relocate the connectors to a point where they could be reached for further mods/unplugging etc by simple removal of the upper left air duct (1 screw and 1 clip) saving the time consuming and awkward removal of all the side fairings.

Wilso122

Thanks for this. I’m slightly confused though,

“The 3rd Socket is for auxiliary lighting.

If you are fitting day time lights that you wish to be permanently on then you need only the green –

ground/ earth wire and the +12v brown wire.

You will need to fit an additional relay into the circuit operated by the brown wire, and a direct fused + 12v feed from the battery for the main +12v supply to the lights. ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)”

So you cant use the brown wire as the switched live to power the lights? Surely if you run a 12v feed from the battery to supply the lights that overrides the need for the aux harness in the first place. What am I missing?

Was going to use it now I think its more complicated than needs be. Looking at these lights and diagram, with the addition of inline blade fuse. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01K19J0SM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2ZE2RPWV4P8G4 

Off chance do you have an actual wire diagram of what you mean?

9604438C-F3D2-4EDF-B146-E4A98FA77FAC.jpeg

Wilso122

Forgot to add notify replies... 

CWG
On 2/26/2018 at 16:45, Martin bond said:

For NC750X. 2014 on

Honda provides a Sub Harness part No 08A70-MJL-D30 which plugs in to the 6 pin connector provided on the bikes wiring loom. You will also need the relay and fuse kit 08A70-MGS-D30

Is the relay kit for socket 3 or will I have to add an additional relay for daytime running lights?  I'm only fitting 2 Bike Vis Bullets @ 72mA / 1 Watt per Bullet

DervMan

Fitting the sub harness and relay kit will give you three separate switched lives. Each of these would easily cope with your daytime running lights. 

Englishman
On 26/02/2018 at 16:45, Martin bond said:

For NC750X. 2014 on

There are three wires on the 6 pin connector on the bikes loom.  

·         Red/white which has +12V, switched from the ignition

·         Purple that has +12V switched with the High beam

·         Green wire to ground/ earth

The two wires that have +12v only do so when the key is in the on position and the fuse and relay have been installed in the indicated place in the fuse box.

When the sub harness is connected to the auxiliary plug on the bike. this loom this provides 3 output sockets, 2 of these have 2 wires, Brown & Green. The 3rd has 3 wires Brown, Green & Blue.

Sockets 1 & 2 have the following wire configuration.

Socket 3 has the following wire configuration.

·         Blue  = 12v+ switched from High beam

Sockets 1 & 2 can be used in the following way.

For any accessory that needs an ignition controlled supply such as Sat Nav, Mobile Phone, or accessory socket. With a max load of 5 amp for both sockets. 

If you are fitting heated grips that require more than 5 amps you will need to fit an additional relay into the circuit operated by the brown wire, and a direct fused + 12v feed from the battery for the main +12v supply to the grips. ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

The 3rd Socket is for auxiliary lighting.

If you are fitting day time lights that you wish to be permanently on then you need only the green – ground/ earth wire and the +12v brown wire. You will need to fit an additional relay into the circuit operated by the brown wire, and a direct fused + 12v feed from the battery for the main +12v supply to the lights. ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

If you are fitting additional High Beam Spot lights and wish them to operate with the high beam then you will need to use the green – ground/ earth wire and the blue wire +12v to trigger the relay ( the brown wire is not used.) . ( if you are not confident in this consult a qualified electrician or a motorcycle dealer. A damaged ECU or wiring loom is Expensive !!!)

I will be putting up additional wiring posts in the near future for additional lights etc

Brilliant explanation and detail, this will be of use to me when the new NC comes and I wire my accessories thank you.

ncx19

dam   jumped on my light install too soon.  Still waiting on my parts.... for the relay kit and harness.  Be nicer to use that light lead than fish through the bikes wiring,     

Thanks for posting this !

GaryBee

Sorry to to be a party pooper but I believe that IF your bike has LED lights then the blue trigger wire is missing. Sorry if I’m wide of the mark but I couldn’t see what year your new bike will be. 

wingrider.steve
On 3/12/2018 at 18:54, peteandalex said:

hi ive got a 2017 nc750x but i can't find the from accessory harness can some one point me in the right place as to what it looks like and where

cheers

pete

It's probably in the same place as on the 2016 750X, i.e. taped to the main harness on the left of the fairing support just below where the indicator is mounted. You need to remove the left front side cowl from the faring to find it.