alhendo1

Fork Protectors

alhendo1

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/74265

These arrived today....fitted them in around 2 minutes....they seem good quality and come with rubber strips to prevent them slipping down the forks....they are pre split at the back for different size forks and cable tie unobtrusively on....time will tell if they are any good or not but thought I'd post it up ....if they haven't been posted already! They have good reviews....any thoughts or experience with them always appreciated 👍

Rocker66
11 minutes ago, alhendo1 said:

These arrived today....fitted them in around 2 minutes....they seem good quality and come with rubber strips to prevent them slipping down the forks....they are pre split at the back for different size forks and cable tie unobtrusively on....time will tell if they are any good or not but thought I'd post it up ....if they haven't been posted already! They have good reviews....any thoughts or experience with them always appreciated 👍

They look good for the price. What do they charge for delivery?

alhendo1

Free if purchased with goods £25+...or....(I just typed it into the site again) and normal delivery is £1.45.....there are various other options but that's the cheapest.

• Thanks 1

Wedgepilot

That's a good price. They look similar to the Triumph ones a few people have (including me) although those bolt in place instead of using cable ties.

• Like 1

alhendo1
15 minutes ago, Wedgepilot said:

That's a good price. They look similar to the Triumph ones a few people have (including me) although those bolt in place instead of using cable ties.

To be fair...I would prefer bolts a'la triumph but for the money cable ties will do☺

neojynx

I have the same ones, they work very well and dont move at all

Very good

OXfzSNX5FeUwJsLBXuIijAPjDIfsPCgQcr8e1GN3

• Thanks 1

Funkycowie
Posted (edited)

this is my test print on my 3D printer, it only cost 18p in materials for 25% of the size and will cost about 70p for the full size version when I do print it, it'll also be smoother.IMG_20180315_112339%5B1%5D.jpg

Edited by Funkycowie
  • Like 1

Funkycowie

Can any one with a vernier caliper tell me the outer diameter of the top of the black tube of the forks of a nc750x where the fork protector would sit so I can attempt a 3D print? I am still too unwell to go out and measure it myself but am so bored stuck in side! :blink:

MikeBike

Eek the Triumph ones (Triumph Fork Protectors Kit #A9641010) that I ordered from a Triumph dealer and paid £5 for are now listed everywhere at £41.

That's quite a price hike. I did think they were good value at a Fiver but £41??

Funkycowie
Posted (edited)

Wow that is a massive hike, but puts emphasis on me using my 3D skills and printing my own especially if they only cost under a quid in material :D

Edited by Funkycowie

Tyler

The 

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 11:29, Funkycowie said:

this is my test print on my 3D printer, it only cost 18p in materials for 25% of the size and will cost about 70p for the full size version when I do print it, it'll also be smoother.IMG_20180315_112339%5B1%5D.jpg

What a great idea!

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 20:53, alhendo1 said:

These look good, I think I'll get a set.

embee
On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 15:00, MikeBike said:

Eek the Triumph ones (Triumph Fork Protectors Kit #A9641010) that I ordered from a Triumph dealer and paid £5 for are now listed everywhere at £41.

That's quite a price hike. I did think they were good value at a Fiver but £41??

There was clearly a bit of a cook-up on their pricing, and the jump was also a bit wrong. If you look at the separate parts you can get the shields for £8 odd each. Not sure if they come with fixings like that, but you could source suitable stainless nuts/capscrews from the auction site for a few pence.

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator?block_01=&block_02=100065205-0-2&block_03=610610

I seem to recall someone found  a seller of the Triumph parts on the auction site for sensible money.

• Thanks 1

Cornish

Just got a pair off "the bay" for 99p....

Cut the back and drilled a small hole either side and then tied together with wire to hold in place.

Worked a treat and was surprised after a 40 mile blast now dirty they got.

Pidu

Have just found that World Of Triumph (hope I'm not breaking forum rules) has the fork protectors kit reduced from £41 to £12.30, that is £16.80 delivered. Just ordered a set.

• Thanks 1

PoppetM
6 hours ago, Pidu said:

Have just found that World Of Triumph (hope I'm not breaking forum rules) has the fork protectors kit reduced from £41 to £12.30, that is £16.80 delivered. Just ordered a set.

That’s where mine came from 😆

Pidu

Fork protectors delivered today, fitted straight away. Like they were made for NC.

BTW, parts suggested here:

On 20/03/2018 at 13:05, embee said:

There was clearly a bit of a cook-up on their pricing, and the jump was also a bit wrong. If you look at the separate parts you can get the shields for £8 odd each. Not sure if they come with fixings like that, but you could source suitable stainless nuts/capscrews from the auction site for a few pence.

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator?block_01=&block_02=100065205-0-2&block_03=610610

I seem to recall someone found  a seller of the Triumph parts on the auction site for sensible money.

are not the same. Ordered them previously and had to return them. They have no screw fitting at all, require to drop forks to slide them from the top. Also the upstand is much closer the the fork. Triumph rep told me the schematics on the website were as a guide only and were not intended for technical use.

• Thanks 1