Rocker66

2018 Forza 300

Rocker66

Yes it’s me posting about a scooter ( shows hoe bored I am as it’s a bit of an anticlimax after watching Ireland win the six nations) but I have just seen a video on Kent M/Cs FB page which I thought might be of interest to some. The new version of the Forza 300 has an electrically operated adjustable screen full LED lighting and Traction Control. Also available is a 45L top box linked to a smart key.

• Like 6

Tex

Thanks matey. Yes, that’s definitely of interest. Honda have been lagging behind a bit in the mid size (300cc) scooter area. Hopefully they will begin to put that right. 

Spindizzy

I sat on a Forza, just didn't quite feel right. The SH is pretty much the same running gear minus the bells and whistles and has bigger wheels.

Maybe one day 

Now go have a stiff drink and a sit down rocker, I am sure engaging in Scooter talk is a little disturbing for you :console:

• Like 2

PoppetM

Not a bad looking bike. Andy is peering over my shoulder declaring that I will hate it, hate it. He is now panicking I will buy one, it doesn’t quite have the curb appeal of the S onthe drive :dielaugh:

• Like 1

Spindizzy
6 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Not a bad looking bike. Andy is peering over my shoulder declaring that I will hate it, hate it. He is now panicking I will buy one, it doesn’t quite have the curb appeal of the S onthe drive :dielaugh:

I need to let you go play on my SH....might change your mind and blow Andy's gasket 

• Haha 1

PoppetM
6 minutes ago, Spindizzy said:

I need to let you go play on my SH....might change your mind and blow Andy's gasket 

Oooh yes please 😀 

• Like 1

horobags

I had a forza 125, it was very good, and sat at 70 mph. The 300 Im sure will be as good, but the suspension will have to be top notch for me to buy one as I ride with pillion a lot nowerdays. The big wheel SH300  just about copes with the potholes on our shit roads, so smaller  14 inch might make the ride less plush.

Dledgy

When is it on sale ,how much, needs to be priced right , this might delay the purchase of a yamaha x max 300  i would like to stick with honda:flowers:

kayz1
Posted (edited)

If the price of the old Forza is any thing to go by this is going to be at least a grand more...it has an adjustable screen and is keyless so in Honda's eyes that is worth a grand alone:whistle: I do think Honda are going to kill the goose that lays with the prices they want these days..We are heading towards the days of the grey imports, and that did no one any favors did it?:oldfart:

Lyn.

Edited by kayz1
  • Like 1

Rocker66
3 hours ago, Spindizzy said:

Now go have a stiff drink and a sit down rocker, I am sure engaging in Scooter talk is a little disturbing for you :console:

Had a stiff drink last night in the form of a couple of Bushmills. Not because of engaging in scooter talk but to toast a six nations win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wpbrown
On 3/11/2018 at 12:40, Rocker66 said:

Had a stiff drink last night in the form of a couple of Bushmills. Not because of engaging in scooter talk but to toast a six nations win.

...and a grand slam to come! :)

• Like 2

Croydonscooter

Having had some time to go and visit my local Honda dealer Doble  Motorcycles (near Croydon) I had a chance to ride a Forza 300 2018.  I must say I am pretty close to signing up for one and part exchanging my 2012 Integra NC700.  The Forza 300 easily reached 50 mph and it accelerated so smoothly and quickly.  But the lightness and the handling that sells it to me.  I only really had to look at the bend in the road and it just seemed to follow it!  No need to counter steer or consider breaking and dropping down a gear it just did it with no fuss.  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vs1YDUS9qQ7DHhEx6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/52G7HL6yjXsDydik9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WK4uDRFLLsTUng916

https://photos.app.goo.gl/49GPg3BixryjxBH88

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vqXRrMCh9bH8Qswo9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lye9UJHFsUN1c2v68

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ykcNqzW6YLRymjJE6

Whilst I was there I got a part ex value on my Integra and they said due to my modifications and what not they offered £1900 and I was hoping for nearer £2500 .  The horn button has broken so the entire RH switch unit needs replacing at a cost of £150 ish.  I have done all my own servicing as well so no 'recorded service history'.   The bike has had recent chain and sprocket, brand new battery on 3rd Nov 2018, new fork seals, oil and dust seals.  1000 miles on the tyres and brake pads.  No other issues.  Does the £1900 sound ok or would I get much more if I sold it privately? 

When sitting on the Forza 300 I did feel a bit like I'm sitting high up on the machine and sorting of perching on the seat rather than sinking into the bike.  The suspension was good compared to the SH300 which I also had a ride on.   I really wanted to like the SH300 as it has a fantastic track record but the riding position for me was too moped-like.  I mean my body was positioned almost directly over the handlebars it felt like I could be launched over the front if I stopped too quick.  On the SH300 the mirrors are mounted on the handle bars unlike the Forza which are mounted on the frame.  One really positive aspect of the SH300 is its simplicity and build quality but it is only a few hundred less than the Forza which is £5150 odd.  This sounds a lot of money but Dobles tell me they are selling like hot cakes and Honda cannot keep up with demand.  I would have to wait until Jan 2019 for a gloss met black one which is what I want or a gloss blue but not sure if it is that glossy or more of a matt finish. 

I may stick something on Youtube as I filmed my ride and a walk around but I am not very good at editing .

Cheers

Aaron

• Like 3

pjm

I may also be tempted at some stage but would also consider testing the XMAX 300 which is a similar bike with just a bit more umphh and may cope with my adult frame and weight. Anyone here had a ride on the new XMAx 300?

poldark

Dobles are pretty fair normally on part-ex values from previous experience, but remember you're the buyer.and they want your business (which you can take elsewhere), so ask them to meet you halfway on the valuation to secure the deal (£2200).

But you must be prepared to walk away, or at least sound like you are, drop the XMax into the conversation.

Edited by poldark
Typo

horobags
1 hour ago, pjm said:

I may also be tempted at some stage but would also consider testing the XMAX 300 which is a similar bike with just a bit more umphh and may cope with my adult frame and weight. Anyone here had a ride on the new XMAx 300?

check this out.-http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21321

pjm

Looks a close call between the two.

Croydonscooter

Apparently though the Forza 300 has been a top seller according to one of the Doble staff as there is a growing waiting list.  Sales speak maybe but he did show me onscreen dates etc.   I looked the xmax but for me it didn't convey quality and the fit and finish not as good.  I like working on honda bikes and it's easy for me to get spare parts as only 5 mins ride. The guys at Doble motorcycles are great although I have never used them for anything other than spares and or just chatting about bikes.  I think its winner winner chicken dinner for me!  

One concern is that I quick check on a comparison site and the insurance is twice the premium of my integra.  Maybe because the broker finds it difficult to decide on its risk factors etc.  I will be getting a decent lock maybe an alarm.  

I may try advertising privately but it's hassle and I could be without a bike for while.  Maybe someone here will want my Integra if I revert it back to stock.  

Edited by Croydonscooter

baben
22 minutes ago, Croydonscooter said:

I may try advertising privately but it's hassle and I could be without a bike for while.  Maybe someone here will want my Integra if I revert it back to stock.

Worth a try.

Croydonscooter
14 hours ago, horobags said:

Reading through this thread but there are 30 pages and only the last page seems to have any 'meat' in it where the Forza 300 is concerned.  Apparently one guy reckons that the Xmax feels quicker off the mark.  Although on paper they have similar power to weight ratio.   I may consider trying to get a test ride on an xmax but after owning a Majesty 400 I decided I would only buy Honda scooters.  The suspension is better apparently on the Xmax and the seat is wider and lower and generally more comfortable but this is just the opinion of one person.    Consistent 100 or thereabouts mpg on the Xmax but in London I doubt I would ever get that as my old S-wing 125 only achieved about 65 mpg.  

Ciaran1602
13 hours ago, Croydonscooter said:

Apparently though the Forza 300 has been a top seller according to one of the Doble staff as there is a growing waiting list.  Sales speak maybe but he did show me onscreen dates etc.   I looked the xmax but for me it didn't convey quality and the fit and finish not as good.  I like working on honda bikes and it's easy for me to get spare parts as only 5 mins ride. The guys at Doble motorcycles are great although I have never used them for anything other than spares and or just chatting about bikes.  I think its winner winner chicken dinner for me!  

One concern is that I quick check on a comparison site and the insurance is twice the premium of my integra.  Maybe because the broker finds it difficult to decide on its risk factors etc.  I will be getting a decent lock maybe an alarm.  

The insurance was the thing that put me off getting an Xmax or a Forza, I investigated it recently. It's perfect for me. I live in the city centre of Southampton and commute about 14 miles a day, a little scooter for that with enough punch for the half motorway stretch would be ideal. But the insurance premiums were diabolical compared to my NC750X. I can only assume it was the increased theft risk that made it so. I always buy on a PCP (always been taught to monthly pay for a depreciating asset) and have 0% on the NC; bugger paying 6.9% for the Forza making the monthly payments pretty much equal. Didn't work out for me right now.

• Thanks 1

Croydonscooter

I was thinking that the increase in the insurance costs could be offset by the reduced maintenance and parts costs.  For example my Integra has had two new tyres, four sets of brake pads,  mot said new discs soon and I have found that by changing the fork oil and seals has improved the ride quality although not completely necessary at 18,000 miles.  Also a new chain and sprocket.  But these costs add up and luckily I have done them all myself including the valve timing.  I believe that scooter tyres, discs, pads, belt is less although sadly I will have to pay someone else to do it as it is a new bike and I need to keep to the conditions of the two year warranty.   My insurance is about £250 fully comp on the NC700D and I was getting quotes of around £550-800 for the Forza.  I will need to shop around to get more of a conclusive price but makes me think.  Hopefully I will get better fuel efficiency too so again this will help offset the increase one the insurance. 

I just looked on the Yamaha site (I did say never again) they do a rather fetching Iron Max xmax 300 so it would certainly be worth a look at one maybe a ride if they have one in South London or at Lamba in Carshalton , Surrey area. 

gonzo

Think the main spec difference between the forza and x max was the yamaha has  TC, think i saw one at bransons (yeovil ) last week ,about £4500.new.

kayz1

Forza 300 has TC also, tested it on mine and it works fine. Welsh rural lane with over grown centre line in the wet, opened the go switch to full and got ready to correct the swing..

It just went phut phut, killed the motor until both wheels turned together...very impressed i was.. Ow! and not a scratch on the plastics..

Dledgy

Hi , i sold my nc dct and purchased a new yamaha xmax 300 and i have to say it a fantastic scooter very nippy will sit at motorway speeds, great handling ,pleanty of space under seat, hits 30mph without you noticing have to keep watching my speed in town. At present it takes £13 to fill it up and does about 225 miles . Keyless ignition can be a pain till you get used to it, plus i got a good deal at the dealer money off no waiting list! . I chose this scoot because it was the best reviewed, the new forzza 300 wasn't out then . I would have looked at it definitely because i always like a honda.

• Like 1

DaveM59

I didn't find insurance a problem on a dual bike policy it was pretty much the same as with the Integra.

Must get around to changing the oil, the 600 mile service indicator has been lit for ages!

• Sigh 1