Rocker66

2018 Forza 300

Tex
1 hour ago, macamx said:

I will be really interested to hear the feedback from everybody on this as I may be traveling this route myself in the not to distant.

Geoff.

Yeah, it’s not so much ‘if’ as ‘when’. I’ve had a touch of man flu and it’s left me feeling about a hundred years old! :( 

• Sad 4

PoppetM

Get well soon! :console:

• Thanks 1

macamx
58 minutes ago, Tex said:

Yeah, it’s not so much ‘if’ as ‘when’. I’ve had a touch of man flu and it’s left me feeling about a hundred years old! :( 

Yup that's what done for me also, lasted 3-4 weeks off and on and your description of the aftermath is spot on. Unfortunately, it appears to have made what was pretty mild arthritis a great deal worse. Bugger.

Geoff.

• Sad 3

pjm

Wish you well guys. Had my turn last year.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Tex
2 hours ago, PoppetM said:

Of course! But you may need to ride Percy for me and I will perch on the back so I can just grin like an idiot without having to think about it :flowers:

There’s a sticker on the pillion seat saying ‘Reserved for Sam’ :niceone:

• Thanks 1

Ciaran1602
3 hours ago, PoppetM said:

Will let you have a go :flowers:

Youre too kind. 

After my NC developed a phantom engine warning light that then disappeared out of nowhere I’ve got mysel slightly worked up about it and am slowly convincing myself I definitely need to change :lol:

PoppetM
3 minutes ago, Ciaran1602 said:

Youre too kind. 

After my NC developed a phantom engine warning light that then disappeared out of nowhere I’ve got mysel slightly worked up about it and am slowly convincing myself I definitely need to change :lol:

Next time it goes in give the Loan S a good run, I think that would be a good substitute, I loved the handling, so much fun, will get another one, just not this year! 

Spindizzy

Non of the Maxi Scooters fit me properly :ermm:  I am to tall. The Vespa GT300 is ok as it has a flat bench seat, but would prefer a Japanese brand.

Going to keep the S for this year. After that, who knows

• Like 1

Spindizzy
1 hour ago, PoppetM said:

Next time it goes in give the Loan S a good run, I think that would be a good substitute, I loved the handling, so much fun, will get another one, just not this year! 

Looking at general reviews I came across this for the S. I would say its a pretty accurate summary for what an S is and does. Funny watching him try to work out how to open the storage, also how his preconceptions altered his opinion of the bike.

DCT

Edited by Spindizzy

Croydonscooter
9 hours ago, Tex said:

The seat latch can be overcome. A bit of careful alignment, a spacer or two and Robert is your avuncular relation.

Actually I think it’s both - a matte metallic. :D The Integra cured me of wanting that particular combination again.. 

Gloss blue is probably the best colour in my opinion for the forza 300.  I always wanted a tmax in the blue or an integra but those are rare.  Anyway I decided on black as I was worried about it getting stolen as I think mine blends in a bit more.  

• Like 1

Croydonscooter

RE Top Box / saving money

I just wanted to let others know as a money saving tip if you are buying a new Forza 300 and require a top box.  Simply get Honda to put on the genuine luggage mount rack for around £100 (they didn't charge for labour/fitting).  Then source a second hand S-Wing 125cc genuine top box or a SH125 or a PS125.   I think mine looks quite good in a similar gloss black and costed just £17!  The honda once's fit straight on the rack without a Givi type plastic mounting plate.

here is a link to my google photo of my  Forza 300 'The Black Bullet'

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PdBJknEiddyVtDhd8

Edited by Croydonscooter
  • Like 3

listener
17 hours ago, Spindizzy said:

Non of the Maxi Scooters fit me properly :ermm:  I am to tall. The Vespa GT300 is ok as it has a flat bench seat, but would prefer a Japanese brand.

Going to keep the S for this year. After that, who knows

You need to get yourself lowered. Just chop off a few inches and weld your feet back on! :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rocker66
2 hours ago, listener said:

You need to get yourself lowered. Just chop off a few inches and weld your feet back on! :devil:

If he does can I have the bits of leg cut out to have inserted into my legs so I can ride an AT?😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PoppetM

So pending any offers from Honda on the new Forza...I may hang out for a 2019 plate if they won't budge on price. 

• Like 3

Tex
27 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

So pending any offers from Honda on the new Forza...I may hang out for a 2019 plate if they won't budge on price. 

Makes sense. Mrs T just got a new Yaris (I told her we really need to keep this one!) and the ‘deal’ made it well worth going for a ‘68’ plate even though she had originally intended to get a ‘19’ in March. What’s the latest on Harriet?

• Like 1

Croydonscooter

Hiya, there is a new review on youtube by Cajer on two wheels on the Forza 300 which you may wish to watch to help you with your decision making.  He makes a few good point about the bike with regards to the suspension and handling .  Most of what he said is positive though!

• Thanks 1

PoppetM
2 hours ago, Tex said:

Makes sense. Mrs T just got a new Yaris (I told her we really need to keep this one!) and the ‘deal’ made it well worth going for a ‘68’ plate even though she had originally intended to get a ‘19’ in March. What’s the latest on Harriet?

Write off and offer recieved for settlement just waiting for them to accept liability, which we are assuming they are going to do if they have already made an offer...

That is whay I am thinking, if it's only £200 off I will wait and hang on! Or at least put my order in ready.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Radarman

Write off and offer recieved for settlement just waiting for them to accept liability, which we are assuming they are going to do if they have already made an offer...

Is Harriet not repairable if that's Cat N write-off (seen that on FB :rolleyes:). I have googled that:

Cat N: Non-structurally damaged repairable

Can you buy the bike back from them?

Edited by Radarman

Andy m

The buy backs can be a bargain if you can either repair yourself or know someone who can make a project of it. 

Glad it's setting sorted even if you are now joining these scooter boys. Did the jacket you bought come with a target on the back and fifteen pairs of mirrors 😁😁

LEJOG on a Forza will be a hoot once you fancy it again. Enough go not to have to plan too much but light and agile enough to enjoy it. You'll also be able to enjoy talking to riders of massive tourers who've come a tenth of your distance and use the catch phrase " What? On that?" 

Andy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tex

Hubert, I probably shouldn’t answer for Sam, but I think she’s decided on a clean break (unfortunate choice of words when talking about the results of an RTA) from her NC and is looking forward to the comfort and convenience of a Forza. And I would be too! :niceone:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

macamx

Can't speak the lingo but if you turn the sound off and watch this I think it gives a fair indication as to the handling prowess of the Forza.

Geoff.

• Thanks 1

PoppetM
4 hours ago, Radarman said:

Is Harriet not repairable if that's Cat N write-off (seen that on FB :rolleyes:). I have googled that:

Can you buy the bike back from them?

You are right in that it could be repaired but in their eyes it is uneconomically viable, and I don't want the hassle of a £5,500 repair bill from Honda and issues when I want to sell it / insure it, the Cat N category will be there forever.

I am not happy riding a bike at the moment and my longer commute means I want more comfort so I am absonding to my inner Mod, mirrors and lights galore.

It may only be for 10 months, it maybe for a few years, but the plan is to get another S in the future and return to Biker Chick mode!

• Like 7

Ciaran1602
1 minute ago, PoppetM said:

You are right in that it could be repaired but in their eyes it is uneconomically viable, and I don't want the hassle of a £5,500 repair bill from Honda and issues when I want to sell it / insure it, the Cat N category will be there forever.

I am not happy riding a bike at the moment and my longer commute means I want more comfort so I am absonding to my inner Mod, mirrors and lights galore.

It may only be for 10 months, it maybe for a few years, but the plan is to get another S in the future and return to Biker Chick mode!

2 wheels and an engine is 2 wheels and an engine, still a biker chick to me.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

PoppetM
1 minute ago, Ciaran1602 said:

2 wheels and an engine is 2 wheels and an engine, still a biker chick to me.

I may go full leather and tassles....just to confuse people at the cafes :yes:

• Like 3

Tex

3 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

I think in your case it’s spelt ‘Biker Chic’, Sam. :niceone:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1