Rocker66

2018 Forza 300

PoppetM

Ha love you guys! X

• Like 1

Spindizzy
7 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

You are right in that it could be repaired but in their eyes it is uneconomically viable, and I don't want the hassle of a £5,500 repair bill from Honda and issues when I want to sell it / insure it, the Cat N category will be there forever.

I am not happy riding a bike at the moment and my longer commute means I want more comfort so I am absonding to my inner Mod, mirrors and lights galore.

It may only be for 10 months, it maybe for a few years, but the plan is to get another S in the future and return to Biker Chick mode!

Reminds me a bit of when Mika Hakkinen said he will have a brief respite from Formula 1 :angel:

Scooters are FAB. If I could only have one bike it would be a Maxi scoot. If they let me in to Loomies riding a 110cc scoot and high viz I am sure you will have no problem.

Reckon I got a year of the S left, you could buy mine off me ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PoppetM
3 minutes ago, Spindizzy said:

Reminds me a bit of when Mika Hakkinen said he will have a brief respite from Formula 1 :angel:

Scooters are FAB. If I could only have one bike it would be a Maxi scoot. If they let me in to Loomies riding a 110cc scoot and high viz I am sure you will have no problem.

Reckon I got a year of the S left, you could buy mine off me ;)

You keep the top box...  🤣

Spindizzy
1 minute ago, PoppetM said:

You keep the top box...  🤣

I will. It can go on Piglet.....:devil:  Cheeky mare.

I dont think I will ever sell Piglet. Its like a faithful dog. A wobbly, asthmatic non trendy handbag yappy type dog.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PoppetM
2 hours ago, Spindizzy said:

Its like a faithful dog. A wobbly, asthmatic non trendy handbag yappy type dog.   

I was being helpful, I find them a hinderance because I kick them. You can keep the screens and put stock back on (ok that one you can tell me off for!) 🤣

I wouldn't call Piglet that... he won't start tomorrow!!!!

Spindizzy
8 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

I was being helpful, I find them a hinderance because I kick them. You can keep the screens and put stock back on (ok that one you can tell me off for!) 🤣

I wouldn't call Piglet that... he won't start tomorrow!!!!

Piglet has a kick start....Sometimes I use it, just because..

You would like the small Puig I got from Spike, suits the bike and works really well. Mind you once in your Forza armchair you will be spoiled by all the protection.

Seriously there is no convincing needed. Forza wil be a great machine and guarantee will enhance your love of riding. CVT is the future I tell you ;) 

"All hail the chainless"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tex

37 minutes ago, Spindizzy said:

"All hail the chainless"

Amen to that. :niceone:

• Haha 2

slowboy
1 hour ago, Spindizzy said:

"All hail the chainless"

And the tubeless:dielaugh:

• Haha 5

PoppetM

I am going to embrace the armchair and seek my fur rug tomorrow which I hope is in the garage. Am I going too far by adding a wood burning stove I wonder......

• Haha 2

Mr Toad
14 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

I am going to embrace the armchair and seek my fur rug tomorrow which I hope is in the garage. Am I going too far by adding a wood burning stove I wonder......

Get a multi fuel stove then all the bases are covered. :) 

• Haha 1

Tex
12 hours ago, slowboy said:

And the tubeless:dielaugh:

Amen to that too (obviously!). ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Argyll

Last time I was on here I was looking at buying an Integra for my summer tours. Eventually ended up with a Forza last September and very pleased with the whole package. None of my previous bikes gave me this kind of comfort over long distance, nor the practicality, and I've found that the performance is more than adequate for real-life riding. Having that wonderful electric screen on a 5 grand bike is a real bonus and the lightweight 180kg gives just the right balance between stability and ease of moving around. I've nearly always owned bikes in the 235kg/300kg category but couldn't go back now. Mind you, there's a distinct lack of thrills on a maxi scoot but you don't just have to own one bike. However, as an all rounder, it's just about perfect.

IMG-20181117-102848806-HDR.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Tex

Thanks @Argyll it’s always good to hear from actual owners. Lovely photo too. :niceone:

suffolk58

I read "somewhere on the internet" (but can't find it in my history) that Honda have a 300cc version of the X-ADV on the way. A sort of lovechild between the current X-ADV and the Forza. Should be interesting. :)

• Like 2

macamx

These Forza thingy's seem to be gathering quite a following and I have even heard of a sniff of waiting lists beginning to develop.

Geoff.

• Like 1

PoppetM
3 minutes ago, macamx said:

These Forza thingy's seem to be gathering quite a following and I have even heard of a sniff of waiting lists beginning to develop.

Geoff.

Couple of weeks at most....

There was a shortage in December but they are now starting to get through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tex
4 hours ago, macamx said:

Geoff.

“Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door”. Obviously the new Forza is, indeed, a better mousetrap! :niceone:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PoppetM

Tex you are cracking me up today!

Sent a photo of Freddie to my twin. (Kwak 300 Ninja and Triumph 675r owner)

His response : "that isnt pretty and it isnt aerodynamic"

I replied: "well he isn't a sports bike so needs neither of those qualities!"

I am getting fiercely over protective already :dielaugh:

• Haha 4

Derek_Mac
23 hours ago, suffolk58 said:

I read "somewhere on the internet" (but can't find it in my history) that Honda have a 300cc version of the X-ADV on the way. A sort of lovechild between the current X-ADV and the Forza. Should be interesting. :)

I think it was probably a MoreBikes email that had the story about a 300cc X-ADV, that was certainly where I read it..

• Like 1

embee
On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:50, Tex said:

“... Obviously the new Forza is, indeed, a better mousetrap! :niceone:

Nippy?

• Haha 1

Rocker66
48 minutes ago, embee said:

Nippy?

But surely that would be a Norman?

• Haha 1

PoppetM

Yay my bike is at the Dealers...yay! Cant have it till 2nd March, picked my reg ending MFF...well we have had Very Large Orrifice and Big Wide Gap so thought easy for Andy to remember MuFF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Trev
16 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Yay my bike is at the Dealers...yay! Cant have it till 2nd March, picked my reg ending MFF...well we have had Very Large Orrifice and Big Wide Gap so thought easy for Andy to remember MuFF.

Nice one, bet you can't wait, enjoy that new bike feeling :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

PoppetM

Yep now I know it's there I am now impatient....14 more sleeps!

PoppetM

Question for insurance bods... 

I just call my insurance tell them the other one is scrapped and give them my new plate to continue my existing policy?

Wasn't a claim on my insurance they passed it to no fault no claim so NCB will be intact?

Edited by PoppetM
  • Like 1