Wilso122

Puig touring screen and givi hand guards

Wilso122

Just a heads up, have the puig touring screen which is pretty narrow and just fitted givi Handguards.

Full lock not possible will I have to cut the screen or play around with adjustment of the controls. 

Not impressed at all with the handguards. cheap rubbish imho and make the bars another 1” wider! 

Fitted Cycra to other bikes which rock, shoulda done the same on the NC. 

• Like 1

Hickky

Just bought some icetronics handguards for £22.00. Yet to fit them but should be ok. Then I'll look at screens, although the adjustable kits look interesting! 

AKxx70

Had exactly the same problem, so had to remove Givi handguards (HP1111) as I dis not want to cut the screen. Ordered Puig handguards instead.

I am not impressed with the Givi handguards either - way too bulky and not very attractive - they will be up for sale.

Mr Toad
On 3/11/2018 at 20:43, Wilso122 said:

Just a heads up, have the puig touring screen which is pretty narrow and just fitted givi Handguards.

Full lock not possible will I have to cut the screen or play around with adjustment of the controls. 

Not impressed at all with the handguards. cheap rubbish imho and make the bars another 1” wider! 

Fitted Cycra to other bikes which rock, shoulda done the same on the NC. 

That's interesting as I have the Puig screen and Givi HP1111 handguards on my 2014 X and the guards do not foul the screen at all, full lock is fine. 

• Like 1

DPO

Hi everyone. You kind members recommended (amongst other makes) the Givi ones. I fitted these but found on full lock to the left in contacted the screen. Engineering technical solution - bent the support bracket to fit. Are they any good - so, so i guess but have not tried them yet in realy bad weather so not sure if they will make much differance on a long run. 

• Like 1

AKxx70
4 hours ago, Mr Toad said:

That's interesting as I have the Puig screen and Givi HP1111 handguards on my 2014 X and the guards do not foul the screen at all, full lock is fine. 

Just wonder whether Puig have different models of their screens..

slowboy
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mr Toad said:

8 hours ago, AKxx70 said:

Just wonder whether Puig have different models of their screens..

I had to rotate the handlebars back slightly, and adjust the Givi handguard mounts a bit (bend them slightly) to get them to clear my Honda touring screen on full lock, but once I had they were very good at keeping my hands warm in winter.

The clearance was always pretty tight though.

Edited by slowboy

Mr Toad
15 minutes ago, slowboy said:

I had to rotate the handlebars back slightly, and adjust the Givi handguard mounts a bit (bend them slightly) to get them to clear my Honda touring screen on full lock, but once I had they were very good at keeping my hands warm in winter.

The clearance was always pretty tight though.

That could be it. I haven't touched the handlebars, however, I'm the second owner so it's very probable that the first owner moved the bars to adjust his riding position slightly.

He was the one who fitted the Puig screen but it was me that fitted the handguards and I didn't have to bend anything. It's close when going from lock to lock but the guards do clear the screen.

And I can also confirm that the guards are great at keeping most of the rain and wind off your hands, they definitely make things warmer. 

• Thanks 1

Defender

I maybe looking at this the wrong way, but I wouldn't expect the hand guards of one third manufacturer to be compatible with the screen of another third party manufacturer?

No manufacturer can be expected to try all the possible combinations of after market screens available?

I would expect Givi hand guards to be compatible with the Givi screen and the original Honda Screen.

I have two different screens and hand guards, one combination is totally incompatible the others need some adjustment to get them to work together.

• Like 1

DPO

100% agree. Not a big problem, simply depending on the screen you have you may have to make some fine "tweaks". I am off touring the Picos Mountains in May and will let you all know how they perform on a decent run. Not used to heated grips and hand/wind guards but as an old boy i will be happy to give you my opinion when i get back. You all take care/ride safe. Cheers.

ChrisS

I have fitted the SW-Motech ‘bark buster’ handguards, they are excellent and no fouling. A reasonable amount of adjustment in fitting should solve most screen issues I would have thought🙂

AKxx70
On 25/04/2018 at 00:42, AKxx70 said:

Had exactly the same problem, so had to remove Givi handguards (HP1111) as I dis not want to cut the screen. Ordered Puig handguards instead.

I am not impressed with the Givi handguards either - way too bulky and not very attractive - they will be up for sale.

Bit the bullet and installed Puig hand guards - as expected, no issues in combination with the Puig touring screen. The Givi's are up for sale now :)

Tonto

You can also fit the Brudt screen adjusters as they take the screen forward :flowers: