Derm

BMW 310GS

Derm
Posted (edited)

For those of you who may be interested, here is a link to a video of the preparation of the Rally Raid developed BMW 310 GS. When I was at their workshop some weeks ago they were developing stuff for it and here they are having done that and about to set off on a serious rally in Australia following which an Aussie woman will ride the bike through Mongolia to Europe. They developed the CB500X and have now focused upon the 310. I have the Tractive suspension on my NC750X.

Edited by Derm
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Tex

Thanks Derm. I’m impressed by Rally Raid and their work on smaller, cheaper machines. Makes perfect sense to me. 

• Like 1

Foxy

Getting mine ready for its journey to Spain in 4 weeks time and needed some luggage for the journey, finally found a use for some Oxford panniers bought 20 years ago, they match quite well and with the aid of some bracketry made in work fit quite well.

Talked with Rally Raid a few weeks ago and spoked wheels along with a few other bits will be shipping over to Spain not long after me, they also put me in touch with a guy called Philip Gunn, ex Dakar rider who has a place near ours, he has been very helpful and hopefully will be guiding me over a few trails to help me get going.

Great video Dermod, will post some photo's when she is sorted later in the year, but don't expect action shots like those in the vid.IMG_20180314_211206.jpg.f891648c681ffdceb84132654181e369.jpg

• Like 6

Derm

Looking good, hope you have a great time and it seems like a bike with lots of potential. 

Defender

That's very interesting, I did look at the G310GS, but for several reasons I went with the '310R instead.

Foxy, I'll be interested in how you get on with it once the Rally Raid wheels etc are fitted😊.