Rear Tail Light

Guest tiago vieira

Guest tiago vieira

Hello.

My rear tail light seems loose. The guys from Honda service said that's normal... Doesn't feel right. 

Honda NC750X DCT 2017

Best,

Tiago

rainmaker

Do not remember how it was on my NC700X but on my Africa Twin is loose too and apparently this is by design. 

gonzo

Just checked my 2000 mile 17 plate x . yes there is some up and down movement. its supposed to be like that , same as honda top box fittings (floating) . 

Trumpet

Rubber mounted and very loose. So is my 2017. Not sure I like it.

Mr Toad
8 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Rubber mounted and very loose. So is my 2017. Not sure I like it.

Honda did it for a reason, presumably to reduce the shock transmitted to the rear light.  

• Like 1
Trumpet

But its so loose it actually bounces up and down. Not so brilliant. In fact I've shimmed mine slightly so its rubber isolated, but not flapping around. Either Honda or I'm right. You decide.

Edited by Trumpet
embee

Definitely doesn't sound right. As far as I can see there's no fundamental difference in the mounting system between the 700 and 750 newer variants (check at https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/index.php  ), and my 700 is quite firmly mounted. It is definitely rubber mounted, you can flex it on the mounts relatively easily, but there is very definitely no slop or free play, just a taught rubber mount as you would expect. There are rubber bushes and top-hat spacers (5, 11, 12), it's possible the dimensions on these are incorrect allowing too much free play even when  tightened, needs to be dismantled to find out which is obviously why they tell you it's fine (CBA = can't be ar$ed)).

5ab4f671355fe_NC750rearlight.jpg.d8568f0b61d2b0af2ae11acc8187c57c.jpg