Headlight units

Guest theles

Guest theles

Hi there!

I have a 2013 NC700X here in Brazil, and I've found some very useful informations about our bikes on this forum, and for this I would like to thank in advance.

Now, I have a problem. My headlight is broken, result of a minor accident, and I'm trying to import it, because the price of the part here is absurd. What I found out is that there is two part codes for what seems to be the same part in different years.

- From 2013 to 2015, the part is coded 33110-MGS-305 and costs U$243,00
- From 2016 and forward, part is coded 33110-MGS-J32 and costs U$29,00, almost 10X less...

Is there any reason for this? And more important, does anyone know if the late part will fit in the 2013 model?

Also, does anyone knows if the 2018 LED model would fit in the 2013? And if yes, does anyone know where do I find it?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Theles, welcome to the forum. I’m pretty sure there’s a mistake in those prices somewhere. The headlamp for the later bikes must cost more than $29! Hopefully someone else can confirm, or deny, that? Good luck.

embee

Welcome

I don't know where you have found the part numbers, but this site may be of help https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/index.php

If you have a part number you can go to "part assignment" in the top left window and enter the part and it will tell you where it is used. The numbers you give seem to refer to either limited year US/California models or other year US/Japanese (Nippon) versions.

You may find some other numbers in the fiches for the particular model you need. If you click on a part number in the listings attached to the microfiche images it will also then give you the list of models where it is used.

The use of the later LED types may need significant changes to the wiring etc.

• Like 1
Slowboy

For $29.00, I'd take the chance. I bet the differences are small (if there are any)

skorpion

I'm sure I've read that the 2016 LED headlight unit is over £1000,!!  Honda say if you have a problem with that headlight you must take it back to the dealer.

Guest theles
7 minutes ago, skorpion said:

I'm sure I've read that the 2016 LED headlight unit is over £1000,!!  Honda say if you have a problem with that headlight you must take it back to the dealer.

£1000? This is absurd! How can a headlight cost so much... I can buy a torchs of 2K Lumens at Gearbest for 15 dollars, so the leds aren't that expensive...

And 243 dollars or more for two pieces of molded plastic and poly-carbonate...

Oh yes, does anyone here had to replace the headlight? If yes, did you bought the original one of 200+ pounds or is there an non-honda option?

Thanks!

Graham
1 hour ago, theles said:

Hi again! Thanks for the replies!

Well, I'd found on this website:

- Here for the 2013 model:

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5137987af870020e8cb0796c/headlight

- Here for the 2016 model:

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/56d602ad87a8660a444db87c/headlight

On the diagram the look exactly the same to me.

Looks like a typo in the file. If it seems too good to be true, then usually it is.

Tonyj

I'd sell you mine for £500 😂😂

arengle

£1000 for a Honda light ... a few years ago the starter motors of my CB125 stop working, the dealer told me the honda part cost was almost £290 ...  so don't be surprise :)

fj_stuart
4 hours ago, arengle said:

£1000 for a Honda light ... a few years ago the starter motors of my CB125 stop working, the dealer told me the honda part cost was almost £290 ...  so don't be surprise :)

Last year the starter motor on my CBF250 stopped working. It only required a brush set at £40. I was happy to pay this because the bike had done 63,000 mostly trouble free miles. Out of interest I priced a complete starter motor. The unit (about the size of a can of coke) was £588.18 - way more than the whole bike was worth.

• Sad 1
arengle
15 minutes ago, jpb said:

HI - does anybody know if it possible to upgrade the 2017 LED headlight - which is rubbish! 

Yes you can buy fog lights :)

• Thanks 1
  • 11 months later...