Trev

Insurance - how the heck ...?

Tex

Ah! Easebourne? On the A272? Home to one Lawrence Fox (aka Det Sgt Hathaway) I seem to remember. Been through it a time or two.. :) Suits me. 

I wonder if I could find the ‘F’ word and the ‘C’ word?

Only it’s been 12 months since I had fish and chips! They’re high on Mrs T’s ‘banned substance’ list. Somewhere between cannabis and bread and butter pudding.. :( 

She thinks by controlling my diet I will live much longer. Having seen the poor sods in the care home that her mum is dying in I’m not sure I even want that.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Trev

Pick a couple of days first week in May and I'll see if I can wangle a few hours out to potter down to Eastbourne. I usually try to avoid the SE but A272 might be ok at the  right time of day and will be good to catch up with both of you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tex
12 minutes ago, Trev said:

Pick a couple of days first week in May and I'll see if I can wangle a few hours out to potter down to Eastbourne. I usually try to avoid the SE but A272 might be ok at the  right time of day and will be good to catch up with both of you 

Except your ‘auto correct’ makes it look like you’re coming here! :D I had a sod of a job persuading my IPad that I wanted to write Easebourne.. ;) 

I will leave you boys to sort out the dates. I never have to ask for time off or get up for work the following day.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

slowboy
13 hours ago, Tex said:

Ah! Easebourne? On the A272? Home to one Lawrence Fox (aka Det Sgt Hathaway) I seem to remember. Been through it a time or two.. :) Suits me. 

I wonder if I could find the ‘F’ word and the ‘C’ word?

Only it’s been 12 months since I had fish and chips! They’re high on Mrs T’s ‘banned substance’ list. Somewhere between cannabis and bread and butter pudding.. :( 

She thinks by controlling my diet I will live much longer. Having seen the poor sods in the care home that her mum is dying in I’m not sure I even want that.

It might or might not make you live longer, but it will certainly make you feel like you did😁

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 1

Gasman

Hahaha, just checking you are all on the ball!! Yes, Easebourne just above Midhurst on a272

Don't tell Mrs T but F and C sorted......Ocean Blue on Rumbolds Hill:D

Will throw some dates over later

• Like 2

Tex
1 hour ago, Gasman said:

Hahaha, just checking you are all on the ball!! Yes, Easebourne just above Midhurst on a272

Don't tell Mrs T but F and C sorted......Ocean Blue on Rumbolds Hill:D

Will throw some dates over later

I got that covered - when she asks (and she will ask!) “What did you have to eat?” I can just shrug and say “Well, the other guys fancied f&c” ;):D 

• Like 1

baben
On 4/16/2018 at 15:14, Tex said:

I’m in Eastbourne (‘your’ side of Hastings) and I don’t mind too much where we meet. Just pick somewhere ‘bike friendly’ :) 

Eastbourne! That brings back some memories. Bit of a quiet place these day I believe.

Tex
1 hour ago, baben said:

Eastbourne! That brings back some memories. Bit of a quiet place these day I believe.

Quite ‘genteel’, yes. The big advantage of the town is that when the Duke of Devonshire gave the land to build the town, he stipulated ‘no shops on the seafront’. This gives it a much classier feel than neighbouring resorts like Hastings or, God forbid, Brighton. No “kiss me quick” hats here, thanks. 

As towns go, there are a great many worse places to live. :) 

• Like 3

Gasman

Apologies for delay in getting back to you but needed to see how diary was panning out before committing to a date. May is looking very busy but am free on evening of Thursday 31st May if that works for you both? and anyone else who fancies an early evening excursion.

• Like 1

Tex
1 hour ago, Gasman said:

Apologies for delay in getting back to you but needed to see how diary was panning out before committing to a date. May is looking very busy but am free on evening of Thursday 31st May if that works for you both? and anyone else who fancies an early evening excursion.

Works for me. :) 

Trev
7 hours ago, Gasman said:

Blimey, you've picked just about the only date in May I can make, yup I'm up for that! What time, I could slope away at lunchtime, probably make it to Easebourne for 3pm if that's any help?

• Like 2

PoppetM

I wouldn’t reach there until 18:15 coming out of Richmond it’s about a hour and a half ride.

• Like 1

Trev
2 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

I wouldn’t reach there until 18:15 coming out of Richmond it’s about a hour and a half ride.

But it will be all dark and scary for me on the way home if I leave it that late, we're not all rufty tufty bike commuters you know Sam! :baby:

• Sigh 1

PoppetM
4 minutes ago, Trev said:

But it will be all dark and scary for me on the way home if I leave it that late, we're not all rufty tufty bike commuters you know Sam! :baby:

According to Google sunset is at 21:09.... And you are an hour and ten minute ride.....  Got to love Google.... 😂

I realise it might be too late just wasn’t sure what was termed early evening 😀

• Like 2

Trev
2 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

According to Google sunset is at 21:09.... And you are an hour and ten minute ride.....  Got to love Google.... 😂

I realise it might be too late just wasn’t sure what was termed early evening 😀

21.09 that's past my bedtime! Out here in the countryside, apart from the burning effigies and glowworms, it gets all dark at night, no bright lights and neon signs like wot you have up in the big city. I'll have to ride home all slowly with my feet down :cry:

• Sigh 1

PoppetM
1 minute ago, Trev said:

21.09 that's past my bedtime! Out here in the countryside, apart from the burning effigies and glowworms, it gets all dark at night, no bright lights and neon signs like wot you have up in the big city. I'll have to ride home all slowly with my feet down :cry:

No that will be me riding slowly with her feet down on the unlit roads watching for deer and pheasants going back to my village (of less than 3000) while you hoof it down the A31...!

I work near the city but I live in a village where lights get dimmed at 10, and go off between 23:59 and 5am 😂 and if you don’t get seen in the local pub on a weekly basis they knock on your door to check everything is ok 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tex

Take a half day, Sam.. ;) 

• Like 1

PoppetM
1 hour ago, Tex said:

Take a half day, Sam.. ;) 

Wishful thinking but I am working my notice. I need to paid for the last two days I have accrued due to a week of “unemployment” before I start. I may possibly have a “headache” one day already 😜 but if not it might be that day.....I don’t really like taking the mick....

• Like 1

Tex

Fair enough. 

Talking of riding home in the dark, I would really love to try one of those ‘adaptive’ headlights that light up different sections of the road as you lean into a turn. But as I only ride in the dark about once a year I guess it’s overkill.. :) 

Gasman

That's great news, gents. Can we firm up time that week? Probably closer to 4 than 3 if that's ok. Sam, obviously if things change for you then very happy to ride down with you. We could hook up on A3, somewhere like the Tesco at New Malden where we can top on fuel as well.

• Like 1

Trev

4pm is fine for me but the 'not riding in the dark' thing is only tongue in cheek from me, happy to do later if it works for everyone else

• Like 2

Gasman

I guess its all down to whether we want to wait for Sam:D For me, I,m relaxed re timings

• Like 1

PoppetM

Will the chippy be open at 3...? :)   Ours shut for the afternoons and reopen for the evening rush...ooh chip butty :)   

You guys go with whatever suits as I appreciate most of you would want to avoid the rush hour :)  and Tex may need ride about for a bit to rid the smell of the cooking fat and vinegar off him before he goes home! 

• Haha 2

Tex

Vinegar is good for getting chain spray off your rear wheel - other than that I have no use for it at all.. 

:D 

I’m perfectly flexible regarding timing (and not bothered about a chippy, a pub’s fine).