Sign in to follow this  
Radarman

Soft luggage from 21'Brothers

Radarman
Posted (edited)

When I bought my Africa Twin it all started again. You know what I mean... farlking

We are planning to ride Transalpina and Transfagarasan in Romania in July so time has come to choose luggage. This time I decided it will be a soft luggage. I'm leaving myself option to buy hard luggage as well because I have installed pannier racks from Romanian Heavy Duties and they do very nice and relatively cheap alu cases that I really like.

Anyway I was checking various reviews and websites but couldn't justify £300-400ish for Giant Loop Mototrek, Kriega Overlander or Adventure Spec Magadan soft panniers. But one day I came across Polish company 21'Brothers who makes a lot of interesting stuff aimed on adventure riders (mainly KTM) and they do a variety of soft luggage.

So I took the plunge and bought their Sakwy 30L (i.e. soft panniers of 30L size each). You can order them in various colours of the front (black, white, red, grey, orange, yellow and green) with additional detachable storage pouches and bottle pouches. Hi-vis stripe across the front of the pannier or additional mounting loops can be added as well. Best of all, they cost just around £150 a set (including delivery and the optional extras I added), making them much more affordable than the alternatives above.

The only drawback I found so far is fitting them to the pannier racks. It takes ages (comparing to just seconds with hard luggage) to install / remove all the straps. So definitely it's not quick lock system.

I have fitted them today to my Nat and had a short ride. Some pictures below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=79488&d=1523

attachment.php?attachmentid=79490&d=1523

attachment.php?attachmentid=79491&d=1523

attachment.php?attachmentid=79493&d=1523

attachment.php?attachmentid=79494&d=1523

Unfortunately the website is in Polish only despite the Union Jack shown there as well. So if you are interested what they offer Google Translate is be your friend.

Edited by Radarman

Tex

I’m familiar with the American “2 Brothers” outfit and thought, at first, you meant them.. doh!

That Romanian trip sounds awesome - don’t forget your video camera! :) 

Radarman
23 minutes ago, Tex said:

That Romanian trip sounds awesome - don’t forget your video camera! :) 

That's the plan, Simon. :goodluck:

• Like 1

kayz1

is it just my computer and can every body else see the pictures ?

Lyn.

Andy m

I can see them on my Android tablet.

Have you tried turning it on and off? 🤔🤔😁

Andy

• Like 1

baben

Can't see em on mine either.

Rocker66

Can’t see them on my ipad

arengle

you will have a nice trip, if you ride mountain roads in romania with a lot of serpentines, keep in mind that when you go down hill in curbs you must give away to lorries that come opposite way climing, (one of the unwritten rule of driving)

• Thanks 1

gonzo

" Wot" pictures !!

Jeffprince
3 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Can’t see them on my ipad

+1