Chain needs replacing

Guest jelle1970

I'd go for best quality chain affordable and good sprockets to match.  I've got a chain oiler fitted as it does help make the chain last. Several of my bikes have had Scotoilers, Loobmans and such. I've got a Tutoro fitted now and find it is honestly the best of the lot.  Less hassle to fit and it just works!  ZVM all the way if you can get it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• makman

• Tex

• EastSussexPete

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they really are naff chains. By 12k Miles all my NC chains were shot. My Africa Twin is at 17k miles and chain is in great condition. Same maintenance regime mike

Nothing unusual, OEM chain at NC is pretty rubbish. Just replaced my one last week, at 9000 miles. Used D.I.D X-Ring 520 VX2, with new JT sprockets as well, as difference in price was only £

Asthmatic snail 🐌 with a limp and Angina ?

16 hours ago, Scooby_NOOB said:

I have been told the following for my Non DCT 2014 750XA:-

New chain- 525 (is that how many links???)

New front sprocket- 16

New rear sprocket - 43

Please, can someone confirm for me, please? 

The stock chain  for all NC variants is a 520 size, not a 525. The difference is the width, the second and third numbers indicate the nominal chain roller width in 1/8" increments, so a 520 is 2.0x1/8"=1/4", a 525 is 2.5x1/8"=5/16". The first number is the pitch (centre distance between sideplate pins) in  multiples of 1/8", so both are 5/8" between pin centres.

All 750 variants have a 17T gearbox sprocket, all 700 variants were 16T.

DCT use 39T rear, non-DCT use 43T

Chain lengths vary. Specified in pitches, and in the region of 112 or similar. You need to check what you particular model requires.

As said, be very careful getting the right information.

• Thanks 1