What a day

SteveM

Tex

Bugger. I hate it when that happens. :( 

kayz1
11 hours ago, Tex said:

Bugger. I hate it when that happens. :( 

Not half as much as me Tex:lol:

I will pop down to see Trev the Honda parts man, he's a nice man,,,,a very nice man:lol:

I suppose i now have to start to read and inwardly digest the manual Re: DCT workings,

if at first you don't succeed RTFM:cry: 

• Like 1
kayz1

Nipped into the Honda dealer today, had to order the Neutral switch but should be at the dealer by lunch time tomorrow..

I was talking with Justin ( the sun of the owner ) he said nothing to these DCT boxes they are not new we have had them

on the farmers Quads for years:no: he said it would be the shift pin OR maybe the shift motor, They have had the pin break

on the quads and also the motor going weak, to check without the Honda torq tool, remove the motor and hold it in the hand

and connect to a 12v supply, the motor MUST move in your hand ie; you must feel a good kick as the torq kicks in, if weak

it needs to be changed, this weak motor also gives the same symptoms as the pin break..

I must say i am keen to find out what happens when i replace the faulty Neutral switch, with this duff i thought the bike would

not start!!!!

Any body have any thoughts!

Lyn.

kayz1

4 boxes of 6 arrived at the dealer today, switch is not in any of the 4...drat that now means Thursday as they are closed on Wednesdays.

sulk sulk sulk, I did manage to get the welded up side stand back on.

• Like 1
Tex
1 hour ago, kayz1 said:

4 boxes of 6 arrived at the dealer today, switch is not in any of the 4...drat that now means Thursday as they are closed on Wednesdays.

sulk sulk sulk, I did manage to get the welded up side stand back on.

Always the bloody way, eh? The keenly awaited part is always the last to arrive.. :( 

kayz1

Tex, it just means i will just have to go out in the sun shine on the X-ADV today, i was going to test Steves bike:lol:

It is about time i did my old route again for a nice day out.

Here, Newtown, A483..Crossgates still the 483.Rhayder on the A44, Elan Valley for another cuppa. Then the B4574

to Devils Bridge Falls and on to Aberystwyth for Ice Cream on the front....may be some thing to eat by now.

Onward to Machynlleth Via the A487, carry on towards Dolgellau  ( dolly-gal-oow ) carry on to the Cross Foxes Inn

turn left onto the A470, a sneaky little divert onto the B4416 to get to the A494 and on up to Bala Lake for another

coffee. Then local roads to home..

I think it will be a nice little ride.

Lyn.

• Like 5
Jeffprince

It's a hard life, Lyn! I feel for you.

Up that way tomorrow, but in the car. Off to Bangor for a couple of days with my son. Hope those lights have gone on the Dolgellau bypass!

MikeBike
On 06/06/2018 at 11:00, kayz1 said:

Tex, it just means i will just have to go out in the sun shine on the X-ADV today, i was going to test Steves bike:lol:

It is about time i did my old route again for a nice day out.

Here, Newtown, A483..Crossgates still the 483.Rhayder on the A44, Elan Valley for another cuppa. Then the B4574

to Devils Bridge Falls and on to Aberystwyth for Ice Cream on the front....may be some thing to eat by now.

Onward to Machynlleth Via the A487, carry on towards Dolgellau  ( dolly-gal-oow ) carry on to the Cross Foxes Inn

turn left onto the A470, a sneaky little divert onto the B4416 to get to the A494 and on up to Bala Lake for another

coffee. Then local roads to home..

I think it will be a nice little ride.

Lyn.

Lyn

Your post made me realise I haven't been down  that way for a while, so today went Betws, down the A470 to Blaenau, Dolgellau, Cross Foxes way on A487. turned off right onto the B4405 Tal-y-Llyn and down to Tywyn (which seems used hto have been called Towyn based on a plaque in the town) down the A493 to Aberdovey, then to Machynlleth, then up the A489 to join the A470 on the eastern side of the Mach loop. Stopped for a while hoping to see some low flying jets as the car parks hilltops and laybys were full of spotters, but then up the A470 back to Betws and the more twisty  B5106 to Conwy.

Whilst chatting to the butcher in Tywyn (who's a biker and aircraft spotter) I found out that the newly arrived F35's are expected to be low flying in the mach loop tomorrow.

Edited by MikeBike
  • Like 1
Jeffprince
45 minutes ago, MikeBike said:

Lyn

Your post made me realise I haven't been down  that way for a while, so today went Betws, down the A470 to Blaenau, Dolgellau, Cross Foxes way on A487. turned off right onto the B4405 Tal-y-Llyn and down to Tywyn (which seems used hto have been called Towyn based on a plaque in the town) down the A493 to Aberdovey, then to Machynlleth, then up the A489 to join the A470 on the eastern side of the Mach loop. Stopped for a while hoping to see some low flying jets as the car parks hilltops and laybys were full of spotters, but then up the A470 back to Betws and the more twisty  B5106 to Conwy.

Whilst chatting to the butcher in Tywyn (who's a biker and aircraft spotter) I found out that the newly arrived F35's are expected to be low flying in the mach loop tomorrow.

We came up the A470 to Trawsfynydd, then via Caernarfon. Roads relatively quiet. Several groups of bikers around, and noticed one NC parked up, but can't remember where exactly. Got buzzed by one jet near Machynlleth.  Incredible noise...

MikeBike
10 minutes ago, Jeffprince said:

We came up the A470 to Trawsfynydd, then via Caernarfon. Roads relatively quiet. Several groups of bikers around, and noticed one NC parked up, but can't remember where exactly. Got buzzed by one jet near Machynlleth.  Incredible noise...

Yes it was incredibly quiet on the roads. Great long stretches without another vehicle in sight.

The only place on the A470 I was parked up was in Dolgellau centre on the main street about lunchtime

I realise you were in a car but saw a red X-ADV at a cafe with a group of bikers in Machynlleth, and passed a Red NCX but also can't remember where exactly. Fantastic day's ride and weather. Need to explore more down that way.

I was wondering which temporary lights you meant as I was riding down. There were some between Trawsfynydd and Dolgellau where they seemd to be replacing grass at the edge of the road with rocks for some reason.

Edited by MikeBike
  • Like 1
Jeffprince

Mike, the lights I referred to were over the last two years or so....after dropping down to Dolgellau, on the 470 going north. They took forever to widen the road (with a strange non lane!) and add a couple of roundabouts. All clear now and we flew through. The road south of Dolgellau has improved enormously over recent years, too.. No more struggling to get the caravan through the walled narrow windy roads up the top. 

• Thanks 1
Rev Ken

I'm getting jealous as I can't go out on my bike at the moment having damaged my shin - don't ask - which I've been told will remain tender for a few months after it heals. Murphy's law applies and my bike boots are just high enough to coincide with the damage so I can't wear them and am now waiting for delivery of a shorter pair.....:cry:

Rocker66
9 minutes ago, Rev Ken said:

I'm getting jealous as I can't go out on my bike at the moment having damaged my shin - don't ask - which I've been told will remain tender for a few months after it heals. Murphy's law applies and my bike boots are just high enough to coincide with the damage so I can't wear them and am now waiting for delivery of a shorter pair.....:cry:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are back on the bike soon.

Rev Ken
4 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are back on the bike soon.

At my age the sooner the better!:thumbsup:

Rocker66
1 minute ago, Rev Ken said:

At my age the sooner the better!:thumbsup:

I didn’t want to put it quite like that😀

Rev Ken
4 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

I didn’t want to put it quite like that😀

Well I'm glad to say that my new boots have arrived and only ordered them the day yesterday! However I've had to order a 'boot remover' over the internet as at the moment I can't pull them off without help and SWMBO has arthritis in her hands. No doubt wearing them for a few hours will make it easier, but I am having some sympathy with your boot problem.... Of course by the time I've got it and had my bike MOT'd the weather will have broken, but that won't stop me getting some fresh air and finding out if these Oxford boots let in water.;)

Edited by Rev Ken
  • Like 1
MikeBike
On 07/06/2018 at 21:35, MikeBike said:

I found out that the newly arrived F35's are expected to be low flying in the mach loop tomorrow.

Was swimming up at Llyn Idwal above Ogwen on the A5 south of Bethesda and got buzzed by two F35's doing low flying, distinctive by their tail shape. I was driving later and got quite a fright due to very sudden very loud /close noise, first reaction was something on the road and scanning around.

kayz1

For Info:No fault codes recorded and pin/s all ok but still no go with the gears. When turned on the shift motor can be heard to click as it tries to find neutral but to no avail.. the motor will run but as i say does not show a fault code. The motor is now out of the frame ( and what a bl**dy job that is. The two front Bolts one each side and the centre top right hand bolts were all Japanese cross threads with loads of thread lock:badmood: i managed to remove them ( most of the day and a can of WD ) plus duck oil....re-threaded the bolts ok motor mounts X3 i think i will have to re-thread with inserts...Looking more like a mechanical fault now...we will soon know. PS: i have :rtfm: and tested all sensors and all is well... O! when ignition is on the gear indicator flashes the bar at about once a second.

A very frustrated lyn.

DaveM59

Would fitting a manual shifter be a way around the problem? If this sort of thing fails then there must be a mechanical fault inside the box like a slipped cluster fork.

There is also the angle sensor 7 near the shifter motor that is operated by quadrant gears 3,4 &5 from the motor shaft. You said you had tested the sensor but is it being triggered?

• 11 months later...
WoodyAU

I know this is an old thread, but it didn't seem top go anywhere. I have had this problem recently and it was tracked down to a faulty speed sensor. Diagnosis and replacement, plus a new battery, came to $1010. As I paid the right money for the bike, I am still OK, but was worried after hearing horror stories on here. 

Checking the service book, I see that number two was replaced a while back, and now I have done number one. Should I be worried about number three? I did notice that it happened after I let the cheapo battery go flat whilst I was on holiday.