Rocker66

Now for something completely different

Rocker66

I was very interested to try this Bobber for size when I met Tex for lunch at the 1066 today. If only I could justify a second bike well third if yo count the CB125F :):)

DSC00343.jpg

• Like 5

Tex

Rather suits you, actually. ;) 

• Haha 1

Hickky

I sat on one today but its not really my style

baben

Apparently they handle well but have a tiddly little fuel tank.

Tonyj

I like the look myself

• Like 1

Marvincon

Possibly the easiest leg-over available 👍

• Haha 1

Rocker66
7 minutes ago, Marvincon said:

There used to be a young female that lived down the bottom of our road when I was in my teens that could have challenged for that title😂😂

• Like 1
  • Sigh 1
  • Haha 3

PoppetM
Posted (edited)

I do like the bobber.... but then I like most Triumphs...

Daytona 675r

Street Triple in pearlescent white

Bonnevilles (must be blue and white or candy red tank)

Bobber.... only issue with the bobber is where do I put my overnight bag...

1st world problems....but nice to dream ;)

and what a day to be riding 😀

Edited by PoppetM
  • Like 1

Marvincon
42 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

There used to be a young female that lived down the bottom of our road when I was in my teens that could have challenged for that title😂😂

Hey...that was my sister 🙀

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Toad

I too like the Bobber and have test ridden one. To my disappointment it was a little too cramped for me and I look like a gorilla on a moped. Also the tank range would be a problem at 70 miles, even though it's 10 miles more than my mate gets on his Harley V-Rod.

Definitely an urban cruiser.

They are lovely though.

• Like 2

Defender

I'm sorry but I don't like it, I don't like bobbers, they just don't look finished to me.

I looked at one in the Triumph dealers a few weeks ago and I can appreciate the engineering, especially how they've hidden the rear shock to give it a rigid look.

However if we all like the same stuff, life would be oh so boring!

• Like 3

Andy m

Not struck with it either. It'll be a lovely ride (as possibly was Rockers acquaintance ) but then the practical stuff like mudguards that fail to guard against mud and 90 mile range would start to annoy me. With modern engines and materials there is no need to strip these off for performance. 

The biscuit cutter "art" stuff has no appeal either, but at least these are made that way. The hipster clowns busy cutting the subframe off every Enfield and Airhead BMW that falls into their hands to make their cartoon bikes annoy me.  

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Defender
4 hours ago, Andy m said:

Not struck with it either. It'll be a lovely ride (as possibly was Rockers acquaintance ) but then the practical stuff like mudguards that fail to guard against mud and 90 mile range would start to annoy me. With modern engines and materials there is no need to strip these off for performance. 

The biscuit cutter "art" stuff has no appeal either, but at least these are made that way. The hipster clowns busy cutting the subframe off every Enfield and Airhead BMW that falls into their hands to make their cartoon bikes annoy me.  

Andy

That's far better put than I managed, absolutely spot on. 

I can see it being a how did that happen moment, a bit like all those perfectly good bikes that got 'chopped' in the 70's?

• Like 1

Rocker66
7 minutes ago, Defender said:

That's far better put than I managed, absolutely spot on. 

I can see it being a how did that happen moment, a bit like all those perfectly good bikes that got 'chopped' in the 70's?

The difference is this isn’t a perfectly good bike altered to look a certain way but a bike actually designed to look that way. It is not designed to be practical although road tests say it handles very well but to be Fun. Going by the number they are selling quite a few people see it that way. If I could justify more than one bike it is something I would certainly consider just for a potter round B roads and the lanes on a nice day.

• Like 1

Defender
1 minute ago, Rocker66 said:

The difference is this isn’t a perfectly good bike altered to look a certain way but a bike actually designed to look that way. It is not designed to be practical although road tests say it handles very well but to be Fun. Going by the number they are selling quite a few people see it that way. If I could justify more than one bike it is something I would certainly consider just for a potter round B roads and the lanes on a nice day.

That's a fair point, my comment was aimed at the 'bobbering' a perfectly good existing motorcycle and a future classic?

But as you rightly say this is designed and made that way, and obviously there's a market for them, I see CCM has made a bobber version of it's Spitfire.

• Like 1

MikeBike
On 15/05/2018 at 20:08, Marvincon said:

when I clicked on the photo there were postimg ads for gorgeous princesses that will do anything for you.

• Thanks 1

Tex
1 hour ago, MikeBike said:

when I clicked on the photo there were postimg ads for gorgeous princesses that will do anything for you.

Ah, that must be what Sam meant! She complained about it in a different thread. I guess the answer is to look at the pic in the thread without clicking on it (which takes you off to a different site?).

• Like 2

PoppetM

Good so I wasn’t going cuckooo....

I still like a Bobber though 😀

• Like 1

larryblag
38 minutes ago, Tex said:

Ah, that must be what Sam meant! She complained about it in a different thread. I guess the answer is to look at the pic in the thread without clicking on it (which takes you off to a different site?).

Wait, not so hasty... hmm

"CLANG! " went the smartly administered frying pan on my head.

Back into the under stairs cupboard for me...

• Haha 1

Tex
32 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Good so I wasn’t going cuckooo....

I still like a Bobber though 😀

Not cuckoo at all. It seems that ‘sultry Russian singles are desperate to date’ me. And further down the page I can have some pretty scary looking dental work done.. 

I only signed up to Post Image last week and will keep an eye on it. As a hosting site it works really well. 

PoppetM
23 minutes ago, Tex said:

Not cuckoo at all. It seems that ‘sultry Russian singles are desperate to date’ me. And further down the page I can have some pretty scary looking dental work done.. 

I only signed up to Post Image last week and will keep an eye on it. As a hosting site it works really well. 

Like you said as long as I don’t click in it, it won’t take me to the site....just sometimes I like to zoom in on parts of a bike... I am nosey like that :D

Finlayson99
14 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Like you said as long as I don’t click in it, it won’t take me to the site....just sometimes I like to zoom in on parts of a bike... I am nosey like that :D

I noticed it as well. As you say it only appears when you click on the image. 

Pointless rubbish if you ask me but I suppose that's t'internet for you 

I still use photobucket 

Rocker66
12 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

If ever it’s a pic I have posted and you want to examine it closer send me a PM and I could e-mail  it to you direct. That’s of course if your ok PMing your e-mail address.

• Thanks 1

Spindizzy
3 hours ago, MikeBike said:

I use Adblock plus. Stops most pop ups and adds appearing.

Maybe in this case I should turn it off as it shows blocking a pop up might be worth looking at...:rolleyes:

• Sigh 1