Hazard switch button missing

philyerboots

philyerboots

Has anyone else had an issue with the moulded hazard button disappearing? I have a 2015 NC750X on a 65 plate and I noticed whilst riding to the MCN show in Peterborough today that the was a square hole where my hazard switch used to be. I have only used the bike four of times this year and one of those was taking it for a service in April. The bike has never been dropped and there is no sign of any damage on the switchgear where the button used to be. The bike is 5 months out of warranty, so looks like I am heading for a large bill!

• Sigh 1
  • Sad 1
kayz1

Hi Phil, sure i remember this happened to another owner a while ago.. sure you could cobble some thing out of another old switch..

like fit it into the hole you have ready made as it where. I will take a look around the shed tomorrow and see what i have in the draws.

Lyn.

• Like 1
philyerboots

Thanks Lyn. I appreciate the reply. I am also going to try it on with HUK to see if they will help.

• Like 1
rjp996

hmmmm hazard switch - you know i dont think ive ever noticed / pressed it - got me thinking to take a look later

kayz1

Sorry no Hazard switch..i have three complete harnesses for various Honda's..none have a Hazard switch in there switch gear..

Must be far older than i thought.

Lyn.

• 2 months later...
philyerboots

Honda UK were not in the least interested. I finally managed to pick up a replacement switch gear from the auction site for £42.00. Looking forward to fitting it at the weekend.

• Like 2
Andy m

Can you post a picture? This sounds really rubbish when both modern Hondas I've had/have have always felt really solid on the switch gear (although I say that about most after the Enfield). The button has dropped out of the housing?

You'd have thought Honda could have at least gone the self-promotion route : "Sir, Its Honda, you won't be needing the hazard warning lights"

Andy

kayz1

What it needs is for one of our engineering types ( cough cough ) with one of those new fangled thingy printers.. ( Funky ) to knock up a few for spares..

Lyn.

• Like 1
Guest Funkycowie

I haven't been out to my NC for a few weeks so have forgotten what it looks like. I'll take a look tomorrow... but I would need to see what it looks like on the under side to see how it attaches. I can only think that if it is a different colored plastic it might be slightly less heat resistant so in long term hot conditions the plastic might degrade quicker causing it to just drop off. Either that or it would have to receive repeated knocking whilst going for another button.

PS: only 7 months left now till I can ride again, its dragging.

Guest Funkycowie

Had a look and I can see why people would lose them easily, but also I can see that it would be very unnecessary to replace the whole unit as they just clip on unless the actual bit it clips on to is broken. If it is broken then you'd need to take apart a whole unit, replace that part and attach a new cover. So if someone were willing to do that, take apart the unit and send me the broken pieces,  I could remake those parts and return. I would do that for free, its only small.

They protrude too much and you can easily knock them when flipping high beams on, or dragging your fingers across as you dismount, do that enough and it could come unclipped or break off.

Edited by Funkycowie