Sign in to follow this  
old commuter

New jacket

old commuter

Recommendations for a new textile jacket for 100 squids max

Jeffprince

Richa are decent quality, around that price range. 

chrisl01

I just bought for commuting a Spada "Air Force One" in Platinum for £99.99

it is first class good armour, internal pockets and good waterproofing.

I got it on that auction site.

bazza

its a perennial problem. do you pay for "quality" or aim to replace more often? Like hand tools you often get what you pay for.

As a long distance tourer I want something waterproof-but there is no such thing.This months ABR shows a load of jackets up to £1000 and tactfully states that NONE are ever completely water tight.

I am coming around to a good comfy jacket -and the old cheap and nasty one piece oversuit that can't leak as its a onesy in plastic. Or maybe a better quality onesy - what do you lot recommend?

Or have i got it wrong. My Halvasson suit is tired out - after about 6 years admittedly - but i don't reckon my limited riding (summer only) justifies a big spend 

Wilco

+1 for Richa for a good budget jacket, I have a hi Viz one I use when the ride is likely to involve dirt or insects.

Sorry to hijack the thread but in case you are interested I will be putting a Held 4-touring Jacket on the auction site shortly, before I do it is a Size 38"-42" chest (L). Only a few months old and the Germans know how to make a jacket. RRP £260, currently selling new for £220. Delivered for £100

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/140911

roddy

Some good recommendations, before putting my money down I always have a look at 'Motorcycle Mega Store website sometimes you have to ring up for a price and quite often they will have a bargain or two. But on experience I would save up and pay a bit extra for goretex.

roddy

Just had  a look they have a oxford Montreal textile jacket half price for £74.