Bike Engine v Car Engine...more maintenance required..

alhendo1

Slowboy
5 hours ago, baben said:

Apparently the new CRF 450 L will have a 20,000 mile valve check.

And a complete engine rebuild at 32,000 miles (I jest not)

Currently the 450l looks like it will be a CRF450X with a bigger generator and fully legal lights and indicators.

The 450L motor, it appears, is not a road engine, but an adapted enduro engine, with very short oil change intervals too (no oil filter). The valve check will be the least of it.

potentially good if it's spec develops to be more road/trail maintenance friendly (oil filter, greater oil capacity, longer intervals between engine rebuilds) though.

Still too dear at a projected price of nearly £10k as well.

I've ridden a CRF450X, it's a very powerful, very competent enduro weapon (I'm not), if they can keep the good bits of that and make the 450L more user friendly it'll be pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tex

• Andy m

• larryblag

• alhendo1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would they extend it? No one ever walked out of a bike showroom in disgust at the service interval. The company accountants on the other hand limit my choice of repmobile.   Do not assum

How is Percy doing by the way? 😀😀 Tell him Victor says hello😀

Mrs T had one of those as a loaner while hers was in for work. Fun little car!   As to the original question, I think Andy is pretty close to the mark. Folks love their motorcycles. They enj

Posted Images

Bikes like that (serious enduro kit) normally count engine life in ‘hours’ rather than miles. But Honda know what they’re doing. That explains the £10K price though. :) 

• Like 1