how much do you tilt?

giley

opening up for Fridays drunken comments :-)

before I go investigating nothing it looks like my nc is leaning quite a lot on its side stand ... anyone care to give me their lean angle....oh err misses:-)

Wedgepilot

They do tilt a fair bit, it always looks too much to me! I tend to use my centre stand when I can 😀

Rev Ken

Better than not tipping enough! (Cambers and wind can encourage horizontal parking....I know.......)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
PoppetM

Further than any other bike next to me......

Andy m

I just bought a second hand one for the CB. The standard is too long so any sort of adverse camber has you worried. I am yet to work out how to shorten it. I was thinking tap and threaded rod or inserting a tube and bolting through, but the ***ing things D-section not round! Lets just hope I don't have to get the welder out, it never goes well.

Andy 

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 1
Bart Stilgo

Had a lowered X that had a standard side stand on and it blew over.

So on my next 750X which was lowered as well I've put the S side stand and centre stand on.  Now all good.

It does lean and sometimes feels on uneven ground it is over the top for leaning and have to find a flat spot somewhere.

• Like 1
Andy m

Got this far

41612457345_0f0e0ed3cf_c.jpg

An M8 stud connector can be introduced in what we shall charitably call a press fit. I now have more connectors and threaded rod on order.

The first Pooratrek CB500 part!

Andy

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
Andy m

Put air in the tyres? 🤔😁😁

The CB tipped over to the right at a very slight nudge which is why also concluded the stand was too long. My adjustable one is currently in a Design Reassessment and Manufacturing  Action state.

42370889335_7e54b0ff1c_z.jpg

43226139872_d9113528dc_z.jpg

I'll post when the DRaMA is over.

The standard types have a adjustment.

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 2
  • Sigh 1
Andy m

Sorry, that should read the standard types have no adjustment.

Andy

alhendo1
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 15:33, Andy m said:

Put air in the tyres? 🤔😁😁

The CB tipped over to the right at a very slight nudge which is why also concluded the stand was too long. My adjustable one is currently in a Design Reassessment and Manufacturing  Action state.

42370889335_7e54b0ff1c_z.jpg

43226139872_d9113528dc_z.jpg

I'll post when the DRaMA is over.

The standard types have a adjustment.

Andy

Extra bolts to fill in the gap?

Andy m

I'm thinking tube and washers but riding beckons.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
alhendo1
33 minutes ago, Andy m said:

I'm thinking tube and washers but riding beckons.

Andy

It's all covered under Pooratreks unlimited mileage 2 year warranty anyway...let them sort it😅

• Haha 2

I used something similar of "That site" to give me 40mm lowering on my 2017X, and I then had to get the S center stand and side stand, otherwise the bike was too vertical on the sidestand, and impossible to hoist on to the old X main stand (pivot angle was too much).  I got the sidestand/center stand off Honda - I only needed the side stand stalk (if that is the correct term) itself, not the coupling which is the same for both X and S..

Edited by Morph
Rocker66
3 hours ago, Smiffy said:

My body shape is not the best for 'adventure style'  bikes. I.E long body short inside leg. I came across a lowering kit which I might use in conjunction with a slight shortening of the side stand. Has anybody used this kit before?

http://www.lustracing.co.uk/suspension/honda-nc750x-lowering-kits.html

I had that companies kit on NC750X and now have one on my VFR800X. No problems at all. Just remember to adjust the front end and shorten the side stand. Alternatively fit the stand from a NC750S.

Graham NZ

Better to have a bit too much lean than not enough.  The NCs carry their weight pretty low so uprighting them is easier than many bikes.

I had a 1997 Triumph Trophy and after the Ohlins treatment it stood 20mm higher.  With the full 25 litres of fuel on board I could barely get the beast up off the stand.  That was one of the reasons I sold it.

• 2 weeks later...
Andy m

43673167681_482b3bc949_z.jpg

Over the years a few people have told me getting a bigger pair of nuts would be good, so thats what I did.

Andy

• Sigh 1
  • Confused 1
alhendo1
20 minutes ago, Andy m said:

43673167681_482b3bc949_z.jpg

Over the years a few people have told me getting a bigger pair of nuts would be good, so thats what I did.

Andy

It's good to see Pooratrek steam in with a quick response under warranty....jobs a good un👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1