Sign in to follow this  
Black Marauder

Motorcycle "Turntable"

Black Marauder

My eldest grandson now owns a 125cc...&because of an incline needs to turn the bike 360 degrees & he saw a turntable type on the "bay" site , I advised him not to be too hasty & see if anyone knows of any others for sale & are some better than others ?

• Thanks 1

Wilco

I've had a few, if you have a centre stand this is the best I have found, expensive but mine has lasted years.

https://www.that auction site.co.uk/itm/Centre-Stand-Turntable-40cm-16inch-Bike-Motorbike-Motorcycle-by-EasyTurn-/292430438088?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

The rubber topped ones that are on the market did not last for me.

Without a centre stand then these work well.

https://www.that auction site.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Dolly-Motorcycle-Stand-Steel-250-kg-Side-Stand-Included-Parking-/371545196756?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eddie17

Hi Wilco I am interested in the Easyturn Turntable but it is expensive . I can't find any reviews or youtube clips for it . Just wondering if it is a reliable buy and would you recommend it. 

Wilco

Yes Eddie I can certainly recommend it. I had a couple of the rubber topped ones from that auction site for about £30 but the centre stand tears them up within a year. This thing is all metal and has lasted several years left out in all weathers and is still going strong. 

• Thanks 1

Eddie17

Thanks Wilco much appreciated if I go for one it will be the Easyturn 

AceTallPaul

@Eddie17 I have the metal one as well.  I'd agree with @Wilco that it's an excellent bit of kit.  Saves the hassle of multi-point turns to get the bike into the garage.  Ride in, stand down and flip round.

It's well made and solid.  Would recommend.

• Thanks 1

Eddie17

Thanks AceTallPaul I just purchased one, to be delivered on Friday. Wilco was helpful and so is your recommendation .

Black Marauder

IF? Like me once you have used it a "few" times you WILL wonder how did you manage WITH-OUT one !!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Eddie17

Guys ,

You were spot on its a good piece of kit. Tried it as soon as delivered and it works well . I was a bit apprehensive at first to purchase this when my NC 750, sideways on drive,had only 130mm clearance. Will need to get technique a bit better as I have not long fitted centre stand. No longer need to reverse 20m down drive. 

Thanks for all your recommendations, it is much appreciated .

Eddie

• Like 2

Wilco

That's good news Eddie. I have very little room as well, I leave the turntable in the same position and mark a spot beyond it that my front tyre needs to stop on to ensure the bike will spin perfectly on th centre stand.

• Like 1

Mister Paul

Do these have a lock to stop them turning when you don't want them to? 

Eddie17

The Easyturn one I have doesn't .All you do is lower bike when in position wanted .

Edited by Eddie17

Mister Paul
13 hours ago, Eddie17 said:

The Easyturn one I have doesn't .All you do is lower bike when in position wanted .

Thanks. I'm just a bit worried about other people walking out onto the drive and ending up with a broken hip.

Wilco

Don't worry you can walk over it without it spinning round.

• Like 2

Dempsey
On 10/09/2018 at 20:20, Eddie17 said:

Hi Wilco I am interested in the Easyturn Turntable but it is expensive . I can't find any reviews or youtube clips for it . Just wondering if it is a reliable buy and would you recommend it. 

Just bought one, no problems so far. Placed in my garage which is quite small, I marked floor where to place the turntable for optimum turning space in my cramped garage. works well no issues.

• Like 1

Delboy777

Here is my solution to the expensive turntable's sold online.Cost me the grand total of £8 to make. 

50179801402_779f5ed261_k.jpg

• Like 2

DCTPaul

had a simply bearings 'lazy susan' bearing sitting on the shelf in the garage for years...

just never got around to getting some kick plate for the top...

Delboy777

I had my doubts about the lazy susans ability to take the weight. However the one one i bought on eblag was rated at 400kg so more than man enought for my 1250GS. I purloined a piece of 3mm thick steel plate and shaped it up on the corners. Then i took an old rubber car mat and glued it to the plate using Evo stick. Once that was dry i trimmed up the edges to suit the plate and voila, one cheap turn table.

Andy m

Nobody going through their Dads collection of criminal records (that Vinyls to the under 40's) to find a couple they can glue to hardboard? The Spinners sing Max Boyce on one side and Brighouse & Rastricks Songs for a Sunday Afternoon on the other with a coach bolt through worked well. 

Andy

• Haha 1

listener
3 hours ago, Andy m said:

Nobody going through their Dads collection of criminal records (that Vinyls to the under 40's) to find a couple they can glue to hardboard? The Spinners sing Max Boyce on one side and Brighouse & Rastricks Songs for a Sunday Afternoon on the other with a coach bolt through worked well. 

An appropriate choice would be Mr Wakeman's "Criminal Record" ... :lol:

R-13585870-1556989863-6588.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 2