Tyre Choice

dazznutts

dazznutts

Just a question for you guru's out there What tyres would be best suited for a CBR650 i go in a straight line 95% of the time mileage is inportant to me

the choice i have are

Michelin Pilot Power

Pirelli Diablo

Bridgestone BT016

Mitas Sportforce Plus

Any help would be appriated

Rocker66

Sue and I swear by PR4s in fact when buying a new bike we have them fitted from new.

dazznutts

Their enduro tyres though

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, dazznutts said:

Their enduro tyres though

Nope.

Just the best road tyre I've ever ridden on, and I've ridden bikes for a long time, like Rocker, only not quite as many. 😄

dazznutts

ok will have a butchers

neil700

Or if the price is right Pirelli Angel GTs are as good as the PR4s. I would go for either

Mark8arker

Trying continental road attack 3 at the moment. Mainly commute into Manchester from Littleborough. After 4k,  im real pleased with them. Wiil probably try PR4'S next.

Tonyj

For straight line stuff and very decent wear rates try conti motion ‘s , very economical tyre , wet grip adequate 

Guest GS Jockey

Another vote for the Conti 'Road Attack' from me. Had them on my FJ for three years now, after fitting Exup/Genesis wheels. Also got them on my RT, and use 'Trail Attacks' on my GS. If I go ahead and get an NC I'll be specifying them for it.

They do seem to wear a bit quick, (~6-7k for rear)  but that's the trade off you get for S-T-A-S stickiness.

The suggestion of Conti Motions might be worth considering if most of your riding is vertical.