g_nc

Which comms device is compact?

g_nc

Looking for a comms device incl. FM radio & intercom. Which is the most compact, thereby enabling the helmet to stored in the frunk? Have no experience in these, are they easy to detach if the helmet doesn't fit along with the comms device? Thanks :)

• Like 1

Radarman
Posted (edited)

Sena 10R assuming you hide the external battery inside the helmet (some have special compartment like my Lazer Monaco).

Edited by Radarman
  • Like 1

Mark8arker

My helmet HJC RAPHA70 Size M. Have a Senna Sport Duo attached to the side.  It fits  into the frunk ok. Got at the NEC bike show last year. Works ok. Not cheap. Bluetooth communicate up to 1k apart.  Listen to the radio on the way to work. 

Allot depends on your helmet! 

• Like 1

g_nc

Thanks chaps. Got a Schuberth C3. Are these devices easy to detach if helmet does not fit with them attached? 

Radarman
3 minutes ago, g_nc said:

Thanks chaps. Got a Schuberth C3. Are these devices easy to detach if helmet does not fit with them attached? 

They are fairly easy to move between. Depends on the device.

For your C3 I would suggest dedicated Sena 10U:

Not the cheapest one but fully integrated.

• Like 2

g_nc

Ah so do these intercoms work between brands? I can get the Sena but talk to a passenger with a different unit yeah? 

wpbrown

I have the Interphone Urban. Excellent piece of kit. Clips onto side of helmet and can be removed in 2 seconds and stored inside helmet. There are several Interphone options depending on number of other units you want to connect to and range.

Mine's the Urban which is really for communication with pillion. (has Blue tooth connectivity too for remote calls, connect to satnav, etc.). This is the basic unit (but is excellent), up to the Interphone Tour which can link 4 different units up to a range up to 1.5km, excellent for group rides.

g_nc

Excellent! Seems perfect for me then, if helmet does it fit in the frunk when it’s attached, just unclip it and store it inside. Only looking for pillion comms and FM Radio, Thanks!

wpbrown

Yes, it has FM radio too. With the Bluetooth you can of course play music from your mob. The voice activated calls and pickup of calls is very good, reception and clarity of calls  is excellent.

• Like 1

poldark

Just a thought, provided you have decent data allowance on your mobile, radio reception and quality are better streaming via a bluetooth link with your mobile.

I listen to Classic FM in HD audio with only very occasional cutout (which reconnects automatically) due to loss of mobile signal when exploring quite remote county lanes.

There's also a few radio apps on Android (assume also for Apple) that'll allow you to access just about anything you want.

• Like 1