Laser chain monkey?

Grumpy old man

wingrider.steve

I've got one, it is really useful and yes you can use it on the lower run of the chain.

Edited by wingrider.steve
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Got one and like it a lot, but somehow wonder if it is too extreme... 

it is possible to use it on the lower run of the chain, provided you are willing to bend your head so much that it is almost touching the ground, or if you lift the bike up.

to me it was easier to just remove the chain guard.

one annoyance - the bolt is reverse threaded...

Edited by ken218
  • Thanks 1
wingrider.steve
On 6/30/2018 at 10:37, ken218 said:

one annoyance - the bolt is reverse threaded...

Er, are you sure about that?

Mine is definitely not reverse threaded.

when I turn it clockwise, it loosens... :o

wingrider.steve

Well mine definitely does not!

The bolt on mine works the normal way, clockwise to tighten and yes I have just checked it, again!!

• 5 weeks later...

Another gadget that I simply 'must have' :ahappy:

kayz1

Now if it was made from tool steel it may have been of interest to me, but plastic for a measuring instrument ( and cheap Orange plastic at that ) no thanks my eye sight has not yet gone that bad..:oldfart::muttley:

Slowboy

Someone bought me a chain monkey, and I've just used it when fitting a new C&S set to the CRF. 

As it's made of plastic, sadly it will not perform as a decent paperweight and I'm not sure therefore when it will come in handy again.

It has been added to the "seemed like a good idea at the time" pile. At least you can eat a chocolate tea-pot........

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
baben

Main thing to remember when using the chain monkey (or spanking the monkey as mechanics say) is to remove the rubber cover from the top of the bolt. Took me a while to work this out.:oldfart:

outrunner

Is it just me who thinks there is some demented guy in a shed somewhere inventing trivial gadgets just because he can? :hmm:

Andy.

Edited by outrunner
Slowboy
8 hours ago, outrunner said:

Is it just me who thinks there is some demented guy in a shed somewhere inventing trivial gadgets just because he can? :hmm:

Andy.

No Andy, it's not just you......😁