Anyone fitted a Honda pannier kit?

Guest Stevie W

Guest Stevie W

I recently picked up a used Honda luggage set via fleabay , the grab rail and top box plate fitted after a bit of side panel trimming but I'm not to sure about the pannier mountings.  The bottom mountings bolt onto the passenger footpeg frame and are reinforced by a plate which bolts through the tail tidy and a frame cross member.  The problem is that the petrol tank is mounted directly above the cross member and appears not to be predrilled to accept the mounting plate. I haven't removed the panels to get a closer look yet and wondered if anyone on this forum has fitted one of these kits and could give me a steer in the right direction.

I have... :blink: but mine is fitted differently to what you are describing!

arengle

for what bike? is is for NC X or S the bottom part of the pannier stay is fixed on the footage mount and under tail. You will see on each side 2 pre-cut holes, you will need to cut off the small 3 links and the small circle will fall out. behind that you are supposed to have 2 nuts to mount the screws.

20160112185843_3394.pdf

Guest Stevie W
2 hours ago, arengle said:

for what bike? is is for NC X or S the bottom part of the pannier stay is fixed on the footage mount and under tail. You will see on each side 2 pre-cut holes, you will need to cut off the small 3 links and the small circle will fall out. behind that you are supposed to have 2 nuts to mount the screws.

20160112185843_3394.pdf

Sorry I should have been more specific my bike is a 2012 700x.  For some reason  I can't access your pdf but my bike doesn't have any pre cut holes on the undertray. I am beginning to wonder whether the kit I bought is for a later model although it appears identical to new ones listed on fleabay for my model year.

arengle
36 minutes ago, Stevie W said:

Sorry I should have been more specific my bike is a 2012 700x.  For some reason  I can't access your pdf but my bike doesn't have any pre cut holes on the undertray. I am beginning to wonder whether the kit I bought is for a later model although it appears identical to new ones listed on fleabay for my model year.

have look here, is the Honda official site for accessories, just select your model and download the instructions for pannier stay kit

http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/Start.asp?GROUP=oth

Guest Stevie W

Thank you Adrian, that was just what I needed, I couldn't see any markings and assumed that the were no threaded holes to fix the bracket to.

• 1 year later...
Perthshire
On 18/06/2018 at 22:06, arengle said:

have look here, is the Honda official site for accessories, just select your model and download the instructions for pannier stay kit

http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/Start.asp?GROUP=oth

I am trading in my NC750X and have taken the luggage off and put it on fleabay for sale.    Accessories made no difference to trade in offer.  The top rack came off easily with only the grab rail bolts securing it.   These bolts went back on with the replacement grab rail.   The stays were a little bit more tricky.   Four bolts holding them on.   Two into the foothanger and two up into the frame.    These had metal spacers pushed into the plastic wholes in the under fairing.  Having taken them off I see no real problem reversing the procedure.  

Top box was practical.  The panniers look fantastic on the bike but at 29L of odd shape,  it takes some planning to pack them.   With the frunk all you need to tour.   All very solid and gave a good 5 years service.   They have cleaned up really nicely.   

Thanks for the link.  I will print it out and put it with the panniers for the new owner.