Lost HISS key

Andy m

Andy m

This arrived today 

42922569841_4b24481742.jpg

It tells you how Honda code a new key to the HISS in section 4.26. I aren't going to post how due to both copyright and letting scumbags know, but let us say the most complex bit of kit involved is a jump wire. You disconnect something, jump some pins, put an old key near the sensor, do a similar sequence with the new key and voila, cloned key.

I bet the NC works the same. If anyone breaks a helmet locker key and needs to know this due to dealers being hopeless you have a potential source of info here.

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
alhendo1

AndyM...is most of the stuff in the manual pertinent to the 17/18 model year....(I'm assuming it is as you've got one)....would it just be stuff like lights/abs etc that wouldn't be there....would most of the basic stuff be the same?

Andy m

I have only scanned through. It covers ABS, the EFI fault codes etc. I can't see any pictures of things I don't recognise except the odd filament lamp where the 2018 has LED's. There will be differences but if you can manage "Section 2.19.46: assembly is the reverse of disassembly, refer to sections 2.1.1 to 2.19.45 and notes in appendix 11b" how bad can that be 🤔😶🤠👍👎😶

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ste7ios

It’s not cloning. It’s a registration procedure described in the service manual, it’s not secret... I’m sure every scum knows about it but it’s useless without a registered key.

You need an original transponder key, put the ECM/PCM in registration mode (by applying 12V to a sensor), and then you’ve to register the new key and any other existing key except the original...

If you lost all of your keys then you need a new ECM/PCM, a new key set and a new ignition switch. It’s more than expensive...

• Like 1
alhendo1
8 minutes ago, Andy m said:

I have only scanned through. It covers ABS, the EFI fault codes etc. I can't see any pictures of things I don't recognise except the odd filament lamp where the 2018 has LED's. There will be differences but if you can manage "Section 2.19.46: assembly is the reverse of disassembly, refer to sections 2.1.1 to 2.19.45 and notes in appendix 11b" how bad can that be 🤔😶🤠👍👎😶

Andy

Cheers😅👍

• Like 1
embee

Programming/registering keys for Honda HISS bikes is well documented and loads of YouTube video to assist. It's traditionally been up to 4 keys at a time, not sure if that's still the case. As Stelios says, you need a registered key to start with.

• Like 1
gonzo

There's some clever buggers on this forum .!!

Andy m

Well, I'm half there then :D

Andy

• Haha 4