DCT - Bike keeps running after releasing the throttle

hypnotic

hypnotic

I haven't noticed before but when I'm running around 10 miles and release the throttle, the speed drops to 5 mph and if the surface is flat the bike keeps running. Of course it wouldn't move from stand-still. The engine is at 1200rpm so I assume that's holding the speed. Was DCT supposed to have some mechanism that presses the clutch at low speed if throttle is released? I have checked the throttle play and at tightest point is 3mm.

Edited by hypnotic
ste7ios

No. This is normal. All my automatics did that. It was necessary to use the brakes to keep it from running...

hypnotic
1 hour ago, ste7ios said:

No. This is normal. All my automatics did that. It was necessary to use the brakes to keep it from running...

Phew, thank you for letting me know :-)

Bart Stilgo

At 5mph I think the clutch will still be engaged on the DCT system and so even though no throttle the 'tick over' engine speed will want to keep the bike moving forward.

At about 3mph the clutch will disengage (with no throttle)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ste7ios

Have in mind that the DCT will disengage after some time without any throttle even when you’re using engine braking. It happened to me on a very long slippery downhill...

That’s not normal but the conditions that day wasn’t ideal. It was so slippery (dirt road, all day raining, full of mud) that I guess the rear was mostly locked...