32,000 mile service

suffolk58

suffolk58

More a comment rather than a question I guess....

I've just booked my bike in at my local Honda dealer for it's 32,000 mile service.

I've been told to expect a bill around £400.

It's been a very cheap bike to run so far, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

May I should get a quote from a local (non-main dealer) to compare.

What do you think?

Oh, and I've decided the NC is a keeper and will treat myself to a "fun" bike to join it in the garage soon.

• Like 1
trisaki

On a 750 it's a valve clearance service  plus other odds and sods have a look in your service  book   /make sure they do them as a lot of dealers say they have but don't- try marking the rocker cover bolts  

• Like 2
suffolk58

Thanks Mark. They did ask that I drop it off the evening before, which I guess is a good sign.

I must admit I have no idea what a 32K service includes. Valve check, obviously, and the ‘usual’ oils, filters, etc. Around that mileage Triumph want you to grease the steering head bearings, so maybe Honda do too? I would be wanting the rear suspension linkage greased and all.

You could save a lot of wonga with a bit of DIY, matey. 

Edit: If they change the plugs, that’s a few bob right there.. :) 

Edited by Tex
trisaki
36 minutes ago, Tex said:

I must admit I have no idea what a 32K service includes. Valve check, obviously, and the ‘usual’ oils, filters, etc. Around that mileage Triumph want you to grease the steering head bearings, so maybe Honda do too? I would be wanting the rear suspension linkage greased and all.

You could save a lot of wonga with a bit of DIY, matey. 

Edit: If they change the plugs, that’s a few bob right there.. :) 

Grease things  ! They wouldn't have a clue  ! Don't believe  it's in the service  schedule  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1