Iron horse

Michelin Pilot Road 4 Review

Tex
4 minutes ago, Bigglesaircraft said:

Ok, PR 4 tyres where is the red spot/balance point?

There isn’t one. Modern production techniques make it redundant. Just then balance in the usual way.

• Thanks 1

embee
25 minutes ago, Bigglesaircraft said:

I have no idea if it's correct,  but I fit the printed bar code at the valve, it's how the guy who fitted a few tyres for me did it so I do the same. Balance has always come out pretty much right, I can't remember using more than 15gms on any wheel with a PR4. I've probably fitted getting on for 10 now.

• Thanks 2

DervMan
On 10/8/2018 at 17:20, Bigglesaircraft said:

I never found it on the pair I fitted to my previous bike of this bike!

• Like 1

Bigglesaircraft

Hi all, I have had an email from Michelin in reply to my question on the "balance mark" , they have stated that they no longer provide a mark as it was seen to cause confusion and due to the latest production methods it is no longer required. But they state that it is still essential to ensure that the correct balancing is applied to all tyres after fitting.

I would copy the email on the Forum but as the recipient of the email the small print prevents me from doing so.

• Like 2

Tex

Fine! Don’t take my word for it! Go ahead and email Michelin.. (sigh)

:D:D:D 

• Thanks 1

Wilco

I never knew you had such a reputation for being unreliable Tex, I shall take everything you say with a pinch of salt in future. :D

• Haha 2

kharli

I ve used PR4 for my last 3 sets and cant really fault them , but then I saw a pair of bt023 for 140 …, anyway cant tell the difference except in my pocket .

Bigglesaircraft
7 hours ago, Tex said:

Fine! Don’t take my word for it! Go ahead and email Michelin.. (sigh)

:D:D:D 

I was very curious to see what the reaction would be if I posed the question to Michelin, I was a little surprised, not that they said exactly what you had already advised but the way they answered my question. But knowing and seeing all the very good and trusted advice forthcoming from the Forums members I never doubted you for a moment. By the way the tyre has balanced perfectly with only half a gram of weight.

• Haha 1