Steveb2418

Crash bungs ??

Steveb2418

I have a 2014 750x  dct and I’m currently considering fitting crash  bungs for the simple reason  the bike is tall (ish ) but my legs are short ( not even ish, just short ) Ok , I’ve had it two years and it hasn’t happened but , well , it might . R&G produce some fine looking ones at £225 !, Why are they so expensive ? And NC shop has some Top Block protection pads at a similar price . Interesting looking pads ,  with the claim “ best protection on the market “. French made .    Bars are out as my bike has the Honda oem light rail fitted so I don’t think bars would fit and I don’t want the additional weight . Any experience of these type of products on the NC ? 

Rosewellian

would like to register my interest in this topic as having dropped my 70x twice to the left would like to know best options to protect fairing, levers, bar end and gear changer all of which suffered very minor scratches

Graham

I have engine guards and bark busters on the bars.

I was considering taking (the bark busters) them off (they came with the bike) at one point but left them on.

When the wind knocked the bike over last month, there was just a scratch on the engine guard and the right plastic shield broke off the bark buster arm $38.00. No damage to the body panels or steering area. Scratched the exhaust pipe, but I was looking for an excuse to ditch it. Why Honda put a chrome pipe on a bike with no chrome is beyond me.

Steveb2418
1 hour ago, Graham said:

I have engine guards and bark busters on the bars.

I was considering taking (the bark busters) them off (they came with the bike) at one point but left them on.

When the wind knocked the bike over last month, there was just a scratch on the engine guard and the right plastic shield broke off the bark buster arm $38.00. No damage to the body panels or steering area. Scratched the exhaust pipe, but I was looking for an excuse to ditch it. Why Honda put a chrome pipe on a bike with no chrome is beyond me.

Yes mine came with Barkbusters . That metal reinforcement bar clearly does a good job , several reports testify to that.  I also replaced the chrome exhaust with a matt black one , much better :-)  But I would like some engine protection , just in case . 

Graham
23 minutes ago, Steveb2418 said:

Yes mine came with Barkbusters . That metal reinforcement bar clearly does a good job , several reports testify to that.  I also replaced the chrome exhaust with a matt black one , much better :-)  But I would like some engine protection , just in case . 

The NC750X came with SW-Motech engine guards, I recommend them!

Walklikegump

As a man of demure stature myself , I had SW crash bars and guards fitted before I touched the bike .  I have been on it as much I wan't but am fully expecting a slow turn tumble as I am still not comfortable with it . 

Have decided to leave of the lowering options and just get a few miles in first