Your Dealer Good or Bad.

Roy Atkinson

Jeffprince
1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Hi Jeff, I'm a big Benelli fan, what have you bought?

TNT 125. Little monkey bike, Grom equivalent. Love it!

2 minutes ago, Jeffprince said:

Yes seen a few of them in Spain, would love one as well but couldnt swing it past the missus just yet. Maybe when the Enfield has gone.

• Like 1
Trev

I've only ever bought three bikes from dealers, all second hand, one in 1982 (so that probably doesn't count). In both other cases bikes were ancient by dealer standards (over ten years old) but I bought them as  the bikes  in the condition I wanted and were not easy to find rather than because I wanted any of the dealer 'assurances' or facilities.

Both did me deals I was happy with (we're only talking £4k 'ish paid cash) and the Guzzi guys at Moto Corsa in Dorset also followed up on their promise of fitting a replacement FOC and a half price service when it was due. Crescent Honda Southampton were okay when I bought a minty, low miles 2002 GSXR1000K1 them and agreed an oil change and to fit brand new Suzuki indicators (the only non-standard parts were tacky little carbon jobbies) so I gave the sales guy a couple hundred pounds deposit on that basis. They called me a week later to say it was ready so I got a lift down to pick it up but guess what, no new indicators. The sales guy at first said there was not enough margin in it for them to put over £120 of new indicators on. I kept calm, asked to speak to the MD who wasn't available and just said, okay, I'm off, you can either fit the indicators or give me my £200 back and I'll never darken your door again. I got a call in the week from an apologetic sales manager (not the numpty I dealt with) saying indicators were on order and they will deliver to me FOC when of charge as a gesture of good will. All fine apart from when I first tried the bike out about a week later one of the indicators didn't work! Took a couple of hours removing bodywork to find wire not attached, not the end of the world but does demonstrate typical 'I don't give a sh*t' attitude of some service staff.

Basically, as I never buy new, don't need dealer finance options, rarely need services then I don't often visit a dealership, hence  my ability to resist the 'next, bright shiny thing' syndrome :angel:

Shout out to Bournemouth Honda who I have used for two services, one for my NC, the other for my AT, both of which I bought nearly new from first owners and got second service done by Bournemouth Honda to keep the second year warranty. Pricy but everything done as it should have been and the service manager knows his stuff, I would use them again if I had to.

Rocker66
2 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

Look forward to reading of your experiences with it . It will be interesting to compare them to my monkey bike when it arrives next month.

With a model name like that it should have explosive acceleration😀😀

I hope you really enjoy it.

• Like 1
Jeffprince
16 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Look forward to reading of your experiences with it . It will be interesting to compare them to my monkey bike when it arrives next month.

With a model name like that it should have explosive acceleration😀😀

I hope you really enjoy it.

The rain arrived as I got it home, Rocker.....typical. Felt good on the 25 mile run though. Fast enough to keep up with the traffic (even during a lighter throttle touch run in). Comfortable, surprisingly. Plenty of leg and arm room. Seat fine. Gearbox 20 times better than the NC. No clunk into gear. How do they do that? Bit of a head-turner....particularly to the neighbours' wives! The bike that is!!!

It's certainly fun and small bikes have a certain appeal and grin factor. You have some smiles coming your way....

Even parked it in the porch, for a laugh....

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1