AKxx70

NC750X 2016 vs Crossrunner 2018 vs BMW F800GT 2014

larryblag

Speaking of Dougie Lampkin, here's a photo I took of him at the SSDT in May 2012.

Dougie Lampkin SSDT May 2012

Tex
1 hour ago, SteveThackery said:

We have three great solutions, which is why I'm annoyed that most of us get lumbered with the one solution that's truly naff.

A single sentence that says it all. :) 

• Like 1

Rev Ken

My dad had a Raleigh Bicycle that had a fully enclosed chain, and it never needed adjusting and lasted for as long as he had the bike. He didn't even have to wear bicycle clips......:D

Edited by Rev Ken
  • Like 3

AKxx70
On 10/08/2018 at 07:34, Tex said:

Which is better? An apple or an orange?

That’s what you’re comparing here. :) The assumption that an NC750 and a VFR800X are somehow the ‘same’ and can be directly compared to each other is deeply flawed. Both have medium size engines and the word Honda on them, but that’s where the comparison ends.

Different bikes (designed by different engineers) for different people entirely. 

A VFR will cost more than a Tiger or Versys, it’s more expensive to make. Two cylinder heads (not to mention the variable valve tech) and four camshafts will easily add the difference in price. Think I’m wrong? Got news for you.. :D 

You buy what suits your needs, your tastes and your budget. Apple? Orange? Or, just maybe, a peach? ;) 

Maybe I have failed to convey the right message - I am not comparing the two bikes like for like as one may think - they are two different kinds. Just shared my thoughts while I am trying to find out where to progress to from the NC. I believe my observations re. these two bikes can still be useful to some people here, especially for taller riders.

Edited by AKxx70
  • Like 1

MikeBike
5 minutes ago, AKxx70 said:

Maybe I have failed to convey the right message - I am not comparing the two bikes like for like as one may think - they are two different kinds. Just shared my thoughts while I am trying to find out where to progress to from the NC. I believe my observations re. these two bikes can still be useful to some people here, especially for taller riders.

What you posted is useful and appreciated. NC riders have gone in all sorts of directions after their NC, these are bikes that others may be considering and a comparison by an NC rider is useful whther they be identical or completely different.

• Like 2

SteveThackery
14 minutes ago, MikeBike said:

What you posted is useful and appreciated. NC riders have gone in all sorts of directions after their NC, these are bikes that others may be considering and a comparison by an NC rider is useful whther they be identical or completely different.

I totally agree.  I very much appreciate reading what NC (or ex-NC) owners think of other bikes.  It's a very useful perspective.

I bought an F800GT and love it, apart from the sound of the engine.

• Like 1