A handy thing to know for DCT owners

wozza

Hi  while browsing the US forums (I browse many different forooms) I came across this very handy piece of info for when your bike is stuck in gear. This chap was giving advice to someone's daughter who was stuck somewhere in the USA.

'Have her start the engine. If it is not in neutral when she turns on the ignition, apply the front brake (pull the lever) while pressing the starter button. The brake overrides the safety feature of the trans not being in neutral, after the engine starts it should downshift to 1st on its own.'

Ray  Nofear2trek 

Edited by wozza
  • Thanks 10

One or two people tried it on the USA forum and yes it does work... :D

Guest machinman
1 hour ago, wozza said:

Hi  while browsing the US forums (I browse many different forooms) I came across this very handy piece of info for when your bike is stuck in gear. This chap was giving advice to someone's daughter who was stuck somewhere in the USA.

'Have her start the engine. If it is not in neutral when she turns on the ignition, apply the front brake (pull the lever) while pressing the starter button. The brake overrides the safety feature of the trans not being in neutral, after the engine starts it should downshift to 1st on its own.'

Ray  Nofear2trek 

Nice one👍