Esther

Shock needed

Esther

My shock is super bouncy after 64k on my ‘16 plate NC750s, does anyone have one they have changed which I could buy second hand as I’m not in a position to purchase a new one right now and use my bike daily for medical courier work?

I’d be eternally grateful,

Esther

• Like 1

machinman

Off topic Esther, intrigued at your milage.

Whats an average days milage if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers.

Stuart.

• Like 1

embee

I have the standard one from my 700 Integra available, which may well be the same overall length as the S and quite possibly usable. Can't remember exact mileage, something like 10k mls I think and still serviceable.

The part numbers are the same for 700S and 750S and similarly the 2 versions of the Integra. I don't know what the differences are between the Integra and S, it's possible the lengths are different or it may be a different spring, though the springs would be very similar, hardly any difference in weight etc. and according to https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/  the swingarm and linkage are common on many 700 Integra/NC700/NC750 (750 Integra had cast alloy swingarm). Quite often part numbers are different due to trivial details like colour (not relevant for rear shock though).

Anyone able to provide the measurement for an S shock? The Integra is 300mm fully extended.

Let me know if you're interested, happy to arrange to meet somewhere between here and there.

Do you have a centrestand fitted? If so then it's not a difficult job to fit it and might be able to arrange that. More tricky without the stand.

Edited by embee
  • Like 1

embee

First reaction to the subject topic was ……………

speech-bubble-halloween--boo.jpg.c2fb1fab2fcb505c7f3d35d24e771439.jpg

…. I'll get me coat …………..

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Tex

I would have thought the price of a replacement part from Honda would have been a big enough shock.. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

trisaki

I have a 2 thousand miler off an X slightly longer (5mm or so ) than an S 

• Like 1

machinman
1 hour ago, trisaki said:

Id be interested in that if Esther doesnt require it.

Esther
11 hours ago, machinman said:

Off topic Esther, intrigued at your milage.

Whats an average days milage if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers.

Stuart.

Average would be 300, but it varies from 1500-2000 a week. Some days in and out of London can be under 200, but last week I did approaching 700 to Plymouth and back. 

• Like 6

machinman

I take my hat off to you, truly amazing.

• Like 4

Esther

I’m trying to find out what will fit it, thanks peeps, don’t go anywhere!....

Esther
On 14/08/2018 at 10:34, embee said:

I have the standard one from my 700 Integra available, which may well be the same overall length as the S and quite possibly usable. Can't remember exact mileage, something like 10k mls I think and still serviceable.

The part numbers are the same for 700S and 750S and similarly the 2 versions of the Integra. I don't know what the differences are between the Integra and S, it's possible the lengths are different or it may be a different spring, though the springs would be very similar, hardly any difference in weight etc. and according to https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/  the swingarm and linkage are common on many 700 Integra/NC700/NC750 (750 Integra had cast alloy swingarm). Quite often part numbers are different due to trivial details like colour (not relevant for rear shock though).

Anyone able to provide the measurement for an S shock? The Integra is 300mm fully extended.

Let me know if you're interested, happy to arrange to meet somewhere between here and there.

Do you have a centrestand fitted? If so then it's not a difficult job to fit it and might be able to arrange that. More tricky without the stand.

Would it be possible to have this one on a sale or return basis? If it doesn’t fit I’ll return it. It’s just the length we are not sure of. 

Thanks,

Esther

• Like 1

embee

Sent a pm.

embee

Pretty sure the X is quite a bit longer than the S and/or Integra, something like 314mm vs 300mm. We could still do with someone providing the length of a standard S shock.

• Like 1

Smiffy
On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 10:37, embee said:

First reaction to the subject topic was ……………

speech-bubble-halloween--boo.jpg.c2fb1fab2fcb505c7f3d35d24e771439.jpg

…. I'll get me coat …………..

I nearly fainted when I saw this. :niceone:

Esther

UPDATE:

Well, I got the shock from a lovely man, and it was a perfect fit so we now know the Integra and the 750s use identical shocks. 

Thanks so much for all your help guys, you’re brilliant and the bike is running great again xx

• Like 2

Esther
On 14/08/2018 at 18:21, trisaki said:

My colleague would like this if it’s still available? His has just broken.....