Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
New

Exhaust vent or broken?

Recommended Posts

tw586

IMO they are vents, most likely to direct trapped air and dust. I have noticed warm air on my legs on cold mornings but never thought about it until your post. I have been pleased with the overall fit and finish on the NC/X considering its Thai built bike compared to my Z800 which was lets say average. 

Share this post


Link to post
wendeg
1 hour ago, tw586 said:

IMO they are vents, most likely to direct trapped air and dust. I have noticed warm air on my legs on cold mornings but never thought about it until your post. I have been pleased with the overall fit and finish on the NC/X considering its Thai built bike compared to my Z800 which was lets say average. 

Last I checked NCs were built in Kumamoto Factory Japan. It s the CBs that are built in Thailand. The NCs are also built in Brasil but I think those are for the American market. Maybe also for the Australian one?

Edited by wendeg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
wendeg

The parts showing in your pics are from two different side panels

Share this post


Link to post
Bart Stilgo

They are vents

If you sit at lights etc you will notice hot air coming out through them after a good run

Quite nice on a cold day

 

Share this post


Link to post
tw586
22 hours ago, wendeg said:

Last I checked NCs were built in Kumamoto Factory Japan. It s the CBs that are built in Thailand. The NCs are also built in Brasil but I think those are for the American market. Maybe also for the Australian one?

aussie delivered NC-X are thai built, confirmed by the Australian distributor last assembly  is in japan 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
slowboy
On 14/08/2018 at 11:06, New said:

Hi all. 

If I manage to post pics... are these gaps exhaust air vents or shoddy design or shoddy workmanship?

many thanks

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jeo7h37CeryeCeCL7

Hot air exhaust vents, they work fine. By the way your bike seems to be different colours on either side..........:welcome:

Share this post


Link to post
New
21 hours ago, slowboy said:

Hot air exhaust vents, they work fine. By the way your bike seems to be different colours on either side..........:welcome:

Are they supposed to be the same?

Share this post


Link to post
wendeg
On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 13:49, tw586 said:

aussie delivered NC-X are thai built, confirmed by the Australian distributor last assembly  is in japan 

 

Does it make sense to manufacture parts in japan (all parts I have disassembled from the bike had Made in Japan on them, down to the Bridgestone tyres), ship them to Thailand so that they can be used by Thais to 'build' the NC only for these same parts to be shipped back (attached to the bike) for a 'last assembly' (whatever that means) in Japan? Consider that last assembly is the easiest part on a bike and that there is already an assembly plant in Thailand hence the uselessness of shipping to Japan for last assembly.

 

On the other hand it makes sense to manufacture parts in Japan and ship them for assembly in other countries (Transalp comes to mind, assembled in Italy and then Spain) or to outsource parts from other countries and ship them to Japan for assembly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
tw586
On 17/08/2018 at 18:07, wendeg said:

 

Does it make sense to manufacture parts in japan (all parts I have disassembled from the bike had Made in Japan on them, down to the Bridgestone tyres), ship them to Thailand so that they can be used by Thais to 'build' the NC only for these same parts to be shipped back (attached to the bike) for a 'last assembly' (whatever that means) in Japan? Consider that last assembly is the easiest part on a bike and that there is already an assembly plant in Thailand hence the uselessness of shipping to Japan for last assembly.

 

On the other hand it makes sense to manufacture parts in Japan and ship them for assembly in other countries (Transalp comes to mind, assembled in Italy and then Spain) or to outsource parts from other countries and ship them to Japan for assembly.

 

as informed by honda rep on questioning the bikes origin.

engine/gbox is manufactured and assembly in Thailand, wheels and plastics are cast in Thailand as well, frame is made in japan and as is the wiring etc bike goes through final assembly in japan where its shipped from. I was under the impression that all hondas were fully manufactured in Japan as they all carry the JMA prefix in the VIN, but its not the case, In australia we get thai part sourced CB,s up to the 650. as well as some off road stuff. this may also account for the fact that we cant get DCT option or the led head light on our bikes here 

Share this post


Link to post
slowboy
On 17/08/2018 at 08:08, New said:

Are they supposed to be the same?

 

Not necessarily.......

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×