First service

Guest Smiffy

Guest Smiffy

I booked the bike in for it's first service but can't have it done until the 5th September. I'm pretty much up to the 600mile mark at the moment. Can anyone say what margin of error Honda can allow on that mileage before the warranty might become invalid?

HjQ6oOx.jpg

Edited by Smiffy
ScooterCommuter

My dealer said it was pretty common for them to be done around the 1k mark as they're often busy. 

• Thanks 1
Rocker66

My dealer usually says 600-800 but up to 1k under certain circumstances.

• Like 1
Guest Smiffy
21 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

My dealer usually says 600-800 but up to 1k under certain circumstances.

Cheers Rocker, I thought I might have been confined to barracks for the next fortnight. :lol: I probably might go to a max of 800 (fine weather permitting). 

What Rocker said but do make sure your dealer is told by you that the mileage will be more than the book states and by how much, also make sure he/she says OK..

• Like 2
Rocker66
Just now, kayz1 said:

What Rocker said but do make sure your dealer is told by you that the mileage will be more than the book states and by how much, also make sure he/she says OK..

Good point. Always a good idea to cover your back in this way.

• Like 1
Guest Smiffy
20 minutes ago, kayz1 said:

I actually did that this afternoon and they seemed fine about it and they also put a note on the puter to that effect. :thumbsup:

Edited by Smiffy
Just now, Smiffy said:

I actually did that this afternoon and they seemed fine about and they also put a note on the puter to that effect. :thumbsup:

:niceone:

6 hours ago, Smiffy said:

I booked the bike in for it's first service but can't have it done until the 5th September. I'm pretty much up to the 600mile mark at the moment. Can anyone say what margin of error Honda can allow on that mileage before the warranty might become invalid?

HjQ6oOx.jpg

Nice looking bike but the blue ones are better    !!!:ahappy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Guest Smiffy
17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Cheers, but I seem to have a thing with red bikes lately. My last 2 bikes before this one were mostly red. I was trying to take a photo of the view at the back but the bike kept getting in the way. :blink:

Hey Smiffy, where was that pic taken ! i used to live in Alton,

Guest Smiffy
35 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Hey Smiffy, where was that pic taken ! i used to live in Alton,

Nowhere near Alton. The top of Portsdown Hill looking North.

Ah Portsmouth ! A good riding area , Butser hill /south downs/ a272/A32/a339./A31  you lucky lucky bugger !!:bye:

SeaSideGuy

Just had my Integra in dealers for its first service at 903miles, as they couldnt get me in for a month. Mind you only had to pay for oil & filters this time too. :)

• Like 1
Andy m

This is a game I've had to play on the last five bikes;

Hand over the deposit, try to book the service, get told there is no need.

Collect bike, ask for service the week or fortnight after while I'm there. Get shocked looks and frantic shuffling, have to explain I can do 600 miles in a week but will keep my old bike if they aren't ready.

Padgetts had learned from the previous go. I think the sales guy had made a note which forced the service department to squeeze it in. The first Honda, Suzuki and Guzzi were all over 1000 miles by the time the dealers were ready. The Enfield I did myself as their only mechanic went on maturnity leave.

Andy

• Like 2

I did my own: Honda parts, correct oil, keep receipts, took pics. Easy.

edit: and red is the only colour worth considering. non-red bike owners are wrong.

Edited by elbee
statement of the bleeding obvious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
SeaSideGuy
2 hours ago, elbee said:

edit: and red is the only colour worth considering. non-red bike owners are wrong.

Do red stripes count, my Integra is Grey with Red Stripe :)

• Like 1
Guest DelBoy
On 8/22/2018 at 20:18, gonzo said:

Blue ones look the best but the red ones are faster... :thumbsup:

TheEnglishman

Mine was done by an independent garage at 950 miles and Honda honoured subsiquent warranty claims without question.

Stop worrying and ride it more!

• Like 1
Guest Smiffy
13 hours ago, TheEnglishman said:

Mine was done by an independent garage at 950 miles and Honda honoured subsiquent warranty claims without question.

Stop worrying and ride it more!

Not meaning to be facetious but (subsequent) "was a cracker of a word" I've re-spelt  it for you. :thumbsup:

baben
50 minutes ago, Smiffy said:

Not meaning to be facetious but (subsequent) "was a cracker of a word" I've re-spelt  it for you. :thumbsup:

Not a retired English teacher are you?:dielaugh:

skorpion
On 23/08/2018 at 15:42, Andy m said:

This is a game I've had to play on the last five bikes;

Hand over the deposit, try to book the service, get told there is no need.

Collect bike, ask for service the week or fortnight after while I'm there. Get shocked looks and frantic shuffling, have to explain I can do 600 miles in a week but will keep my old bike if they aren't ready.

Padgetts had learned from the previous go. I think the sales guy had made a note which forced the service department to squeeze it in. The first Honda, Suzuki and Guzzi were all over 1000 miles by the time the dealers were ready. The Enfield I did myself as their only mechanic went on maturnity leave.

Andy

Padgett's did my annual service two weeks ago and only needed 3 days notice, and I didn't purchase bike from them, quite surprised. 

baben
2 hours ago, Smiffy said:

No not at all, why? is this causing you some discombobulation?

No, no. Aagh!