nibbler

Pirelli Angel GT's any good

nibbler

It's coming up to that time when I need to Ethel a new set of shoes, and in the past, I have used either Pirelli Angel ST's or Michelin PR4's.  However, I have some people have been swearing by the Pirelli Angel GT's for high mileage riding and as I was wonderign what if anyone here uses them, and if so what are they like.  I've recently switched jobs and have an 80 mile aday commute which is basically all motorway so need a good, hardwearing wetweather tyre.

poldark
Posted (edited)

Sorry no personal experience but this is worth a watch, while you wait for someone to respond.

https://youtu.be/izLK7cC6y-A

Edited by poldark
Typo

fred_jb

I'm almost certain it was the Angel GT I put on my Versys 1000.  Very nice and no issues with grip wet or dry, though they didn't look like they were going to be particularly long lasting as they had squared off a bit after a trip to Greece (3000 or so miles), but I sold the bike before they needed replacing so can't be sure.

• Like 1

neil700

I had a set on my 1st 700x and did 14000 miles and sold the bike with them on and still good to go. Wet and dry grip was excellent

nibbler

Looks like the verdict is out on these as it seems to be a 50/50 split on the other sites I’ve looked at.

nibbler

In the end I actually decided to go with a set of Road 5s advice heard a lot of good things about them.

• Like 2

larryblag
On 24/08/2018 at 15:41, fred_jb said:

but I sold the bike before they needed replacing so can't be sure.

Yup. I tend to do that :whistle:

• Sigh 1
  • Haha 2

Foxy
19 hours ago, larryblag said:

Yup. I tend to do that :whistle:

I thought you sold them before the tank needed filling. :D

larryblag
9 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I thought you sold them before the tank needed filling. :D

True.

With the NC, this took a surprisingly long time...:ahappy:

• Like 2

neojynx

I do 164 commuting miles a day my PR4s squared off quite badly but lasted quite well.  I have Michelins for years btw.  My local tyre expert suggest that PR5s are over priced for what they are but each to their own. I have just put on a set of Avons storms which were the cheapest and highly recommended.  So far they are VERY good which surprised me  Come November my winters tyres will PR4s (Id have PR3s if they still made them) but I wont be buying P5s.

Not until they come well down in price.