D and S mode locked?

Guest SebSeb

Good morning all,

I'm enjoying my new ride and still used to it, but got question already. 

It appears that I have only one automatic mode for some strange reason. All works fine, but I cannot change from D to any S modes. I was trying all combinations of buttons, read manual and still no luck. I can switch to manual and this works fine. Dash shows D and S lit up - see photo attached. This setup on the dash does not change regardless if I'm in auto or manual. Only indiction that I'm in the manual is different colour of the rev counter.

Bike been serviced by Honda garage before delivery, and there is a printout that there are no errors/faults.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance 
Seb

rsz_img_20180907_063233.jpg

trisaki

Is it because  you have the handbrake on ,  " P " or  only on for the photo ? 

Panic over. After reading few posts here and manual, it looks like when both, S and D are on, DCT needs to be re-set. I have done DDNDN procedure and D and S disappeared from the dash. I still have to take bike for a ride, but all looks promising. 

Rode back home from work and all is okay now. Actually, it shifts smoother. Not sure why this has happened. Can only assume that when they serviced bike before delivery, oil change had something to do with it.

After testing all modes, I think I will be riding on S3 for town and filtering and D for not congested motorways and A roads. Time will tell, but this is how I feel now. 

Seb

SteveThackery
1 hour ago, SebSeb said:

Rode back home from work and all is okay now. Actually, it shifts smoother. Not sure why this has happened. Can only assume that when they serviced bike before delivery, oil change had something to do with it.

After testing all modes, I think I will be riding on S3 for town and filtering and D for not congested motorways and A roads. Time will tell, but this is how I feel now. 

I don't think the oil change will have caused it - it didn't on mine.  In the manual there is a list of things that cause a DCT reset to be required, but I don't have mine any more so I can't check.  Anyway, it's great that it's all sorted.

SteveThackery

One of the funny things about this forum is that quite a lot of us haven't got an NC any more!  We just stick around because it's an agreeable place to hang out.  Obviously NCs appeal to highly intelligent, well informed, good humoured, mature, sensible and wise people, who find themselves surrounded by other such people and don't want to leave.  :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how your relationship with the bike develops over time - will you come to love it or become indifferent towards it?  For me it was the latter, but I'm incredibly glad I owned one because the DCT was an eye-opener for me - superb technology.

• Like 5
Mr Toad
10 hours ago, SteveThackery said:

One of the funny things about this forum is that quite a lot of us haven't got an NC any more!  We just stick around because it's an agreeable place to hang out.  Obviously NCs appeal to highly intelligent, well informed, good humoured, mature, sensible and wise people, who find themselves surrounded by other such people and don't want to leave.  :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how your relationship with the bike develops over time - will you come to love it or become indifferent towards it?  For me it was the latter, but I'm incredibly glad I owned one because the DCT was an eye-opener for me - superb technology.

Sums it pretty well Steve.

• Like 1
SeaSideGuy

Agree, buying an NC whatever version, seems to give you a relaxed riding experience. Im loving my Integra more each ride. 

• Like 1