Back brake??

sid

Iron horse

EBC V brake semi sintered pads are good. I think they are better that the fully sintered HH ones. A bit more progressive and more feel. 

Funnily enough, I've been thinking how good the rear brake on my NCx compared with my previous VFR1200's. But, on reflection, I reckon that's more to do with the fact that the VFR front anchors were so spectacularly good that the rear felt poor by comparison. My NC rear brake seems fine and does the job and feels quite well matched to the single disc setup at the front. But it's only 3 weeks (and 1450 miles) old so maybe I'm in the honeymoon period!!

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Graham NZ said:

They are what I fitted to my NC.  Work well.

I use both brakes most of the time but quite often the rear only.  Never the front only.  Anyone who doesn't use the rear brake still has something to learn and would be wise to look into it.

Graham.

I was taught the front brake takes care of the main braking, rear brake is used mainly for steadying the bike and while slow riding.

Using the rear brake only you would need twice the stopping distance than if using only the front.

I also use both brakes together.

Graham NZ
1 hour ago, skorpion said:

Graham.

I was taught the front brake takes care of the main braking, rear brake is used mainly for steadying the bike and while slow riding.

Using the rear brake only you would need twice the stopping distance than if using only the front.

I also use both brakes together.

Yes, I know all that after riding for 60 years, but there are more uses for the rear brake.  Eg. to slow a bit while cornering, when the front brake would be prone to make the bike stand up.  In that situation rear brake also tends to tighten the turning radius.

• Like 2