NC750XA

Guest marts

The speed isn’t that important, my dealer advised me to keep the revs out of the red band, don’t snap open the throttle and use all the available power (🤔) ride smoothly until the 1st service (500 miles or so) and then you are good to go.

I left mine in D mode (😴) until after the first service and have never used it since.

You will grow to love this machine, just about everything else on the market has more power,  is sexier, bigger, etc etc, but the NC delivers on the road where it matters.

Enjoy👍

MikeBike

Manual says

Running-in Period
During the first 500 km (300 miles) of running,
follow these guidelines to ensure your
motorcycle’s future reliability and performance.
● Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration.
● Avoid hard braking and rapid down-shifts.
● Ride conservatively.

TheEnglishman

Just ride it.  

How long do you think you'll realistically keep it?  How many miles do you think you'll do?  

It will be taken in for 1st service and while he's waiting the next bike will have caught his eye, make sure its the same colour the wife will never know you've swapped it.:D

My wife couldn’t tell you what colour mine is.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.😎 all for your comments and advice, I did read somewhere that the first oil and filter change is at point 6 of 1000 miles, this is where they remove the running in oil which is thinner than the proper oil.. only done 300 miles and kept the revs to 3000 to 3500 round about 60 to 65 mph.. but have notice that the engine noise is changing, and having a ticking sound which could the tappets and timing chain loosing up and other noises. .is this normal with new engine? 

SteveThackery

I don't think Honda use running-in oil, but I could be wrong.

Increasing engine noise is normal as it settles in, but is more related to engine temperature.  Unfortunately the NC engine is horribly clattery at all times, but especially when hot.  At first I thought there was something wrong with mine, but a discussion with the dealer, listening to another, and reassurance from this forum put my mind at rest.

Having said that, the mechanical noise is most un-Honda-like and was always a small niggle in my mind.

By the way, marts, welcome to the forum!  If you follow the usual path, you'll sell your NC after a couple or so years but remain on this forum indefinitely, talking sh*t with the rest of us as you ride around on your Triumph, BMW, Royal Enfield, monkey bike or scooter.  :lol:

Maybe we should rename it to the "I once had a Honda NC" forum.

• Haha 1
Jeffprince

Some of us saddos see the NC as a keeper, however.....the deserters will return, tails between their legs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Rocker66
10 minutes ago, Jeffprince said:

Some of us saddos see the NC as a keeper, however.....the deserters will return, tails between their legs!

I returned to the NC fold but then left again.

• Like 1
TheEnglishman
On 12/09/2018 at 09:23, Dave H said:

My wife couldn’t tell you what colour mine is.

Does your wife have sisters?  I'm house trained and have my own hair and teeth

• Like 3
Steveb2418
3 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

Yea, the NC Peoples Front vs The Peoples front who once had an NC , spliters ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

***Maybe we should rename it to the "I once had a Honda NC" forum.***

But we are all to a man ow! and Lady sorry:baby:  a good bunch..

And what about Our Ted who allows it to be..

Three cheers for Ted.  hip Hip...:niceone:

Lyn.

• Like 3
Rocker66
1 hour ago, Steveb2418 said:

Yea, the NC Peoples Front vs The Peoples front who once had an NC , spliters ! 

How about the member (there may be more than one) who has never owned a NC do they form a peace keeping force? 😀😀😀

• Haha 1
Jeffprince
1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

How about the member (there may be more than one) who has never owned a NC do they form a peace keeping force? 😀😀😀

They count as potential NC owners......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

They count as potential NC owners......

Not after they’ve been round here a while.. :D 

• Sigh 1
15 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

Wouldn't it be better if they returned with an NC between their legs? :) 

• Haha 2