Foxy

Formula E

Foxy

So that's it, first formula E series is announced for next year and the 5 rounds will kick of at Jerez. At present it looks like they will be run at the same meeting as Moto GP meaning that unlike the cars there will be a direct comparison. I for one look forward to it, 5 years and it will be as popular as Moto GP, what do you think?

• Like 2

Dave H

Looking forward to it. I think they’re hedging their bets for the day fossil fuels are banned.

Andy m

Sounds a good idea to me. Electric vehicles are going to see progress while internal combustion may become quite static. A technically better bike with a poorer rider against the great rider on a harder to handle bike could make for good racing.

Andy

• Like 1

Foxy

Well I don't think it will take to long for the battery power and the performance to be the equal of Moto Go but the lack of engine or exhaust noise is an issue. The real upside will be the impact on the development of road cars and bikes.

Edited by Foxy

Rocker66
1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Well I don't think it will take to long for the battery power and the performance to be the equal of Moto Go but the lack of engine or exhaust noise is an issue. The real upside will be the impact on the development of road cars and bikes.

I wonder if they will have to change bikes during the race in the way they do in the car series.

• Thanks 1

outrunner
4 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

I wonder if they will have to change bikes during the race in the way they do in the car series.

As the electric bikes can do a 36 mile lap at the TT and most of the GP cicuits are around 2.5 miles or so they should be able to do 10 lap races no problem.

Andy.

klrman
4 hours ago, Foxy said:

I think they're going to have to make them sound like 4 strokes. If they try to simulate 2 strokes they'll also need to blow out smoke that smells of Castrol R

• Haha 1