wendeg

Givi S322/S321 LED lights

wendeg

I am interested in any comments/reviews about the above lights and specifically if they do a better job of lighting the road further away than the LED headlight on the 2016 X. Thanks in advance!

AceTallPaul

I installed the S322 this morning....

I havent ridden with them yet, but I’ll let you know how they are. To be honest, I’m using them more “to be seen” than “to see”, but they looked quite bright. 

I first of all installed Givi engine bars to give me something to mount them to.

hard wired to battery, because I don’t know enough to know which wire is a switched live that I could use....

• Thanks 1

wendeg

Thanks for your offer, much appreciated.

I am thinking of wiring them to one of the three switched accessories connectors. One is already being used for powering GPS so I will still have a spare blank left

AceTallPaul

Is that on the accessory harness? I don’t have that....

wendeg

Yes. Bought relay with fuse and acessory harness. Then made a DIY annex to bring the connectors near the batt for easy access. It is switched. Total maximum of current mustbeless than 7.5A

AceTallPaul

Was it difficult getting to the connector? I’ve read that you need to take half the panels off...

AceTallPaul

Just tried lights in the dark from the garage. 

Image is with and and without the S322, from seat and from front. They give the nice “triangle of light” that is supposed to be more noticeable by drivers...

Seems pretty good. Haven’t adjusted the beams etc yet. 

4C8BFA1F-6EA4-443D-A8BE-303AC89A392D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

wendeg

Wow... thanks for your help! It was what i just needed, a comparison between with and without. From your photos it seems that they do flood further.

As to the connector... i tried in vain to pull the 6p connector from its blank space on the left side by trying to wiggle my hand through. In the end, yes, i had to strip almost all the left plastics from the bike. It is not difficult but is time consuming. The hardest part is devising a method how to remember where all the different screws and clips go while reassembling (6 different types!). Honda recommends to tie the connectors underneath the plastics near the back part of the frunk so I prepared a home sub harness from this point to near the batt so that i will not need to go through all the removal process if i need to connect/disconnect accessories.

AceTallPaul

This is them on the bike in the daylight...

0ADEA0F0-2AEC-4A11-A3C8-188E059196E1.jpeg

wendeg

:thumbsup: nice!

Have yet to decide on buying engine guards or specific fog lights holder made also by Givi. Second choice is way cheaper!

MikeVTWIN

Interesting thread! I have been looking at Denali daytime running lights too (they would mount on the front stays of the mud guard) but was leaning towards Heed engine bars with Denali DM spots (I have them on my Africa Twin and they are very effective). Having read this will look into the Givi option as well. My only complaint about the NC (I have the S version) is its lack of road presence so, hopefully, this will help.

Edited by MikeVTWIN
spelling!
  • Thanks 1

ChrisS
On 18/09/2018 at 14:19, MikeVTWIN said:

Interesting thread! I have been looking at Denali daytime running lights too (they would mount on the front stays of the mud guard) but was leaning towards Heed engine bars with Denali DM spots (I have them on my Africa Twin and they are very effective). Having read this will look into the Givi option as well. My only complaint about the NC (I have the S version) is its lack of road presence so, hopefully, this will help.

My pals say the same about mine, when I follow them, the headlight is difficult to see, so I ride with full beam on. I shall be fitting engine bar and lights over the winter👍