sid

Aftermarket levers?

sid

Anyone fitted some? - and which did you choose.

I don't want shorty's - just standard..ish length. Tbh, I only want to change them as some of the aftermarket ones look better and at least you can adjust the reach for the clutch.

I've been looking at these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clutch-Levers-CBR250-MC22-CBR400-NC29-CBR600/dp/B074PSLWSV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537117456&sr=8-1&keywords=CNC%2BLong%2BBrake%2B%26%2BClutch%2BLevers%2BFor%2BHonda%2BNC700%2BNC750%2BCB400%2BCBR250-MC22%2BCBR400-NC29%2BCBR600%2BCBR900&th=1

Wedgepilot

They look very similar to the ones I got, similar price too. I went for black with red adjusters. I've got DCT, so only needed one.

Had it for over a year, no issues, and nicer to use them the stock lever.

• Like 2

sid

Thanks for the reply.

I've ordered these and will review them when the arrive. Coming from China though, so will be a couple of weeks I expect.

8ace

I'll be interested to see what you think of them when they arrive. I'm looking for an adjustable clutch lever but most of the ones available (under £100) are for 14-15 models, is there any difference for later bike's?

Martin

Trev

Had the a short version of these (not sure exactly the Amazon seller though) on my NC brake lever for about 4 years 25k+ miles no problem, also fitted one to my AT last year and so far fine. They come as pairs so I should dig out the clutch lever and subject it to some 'stress testing' in the vice, they certainly feel like they'er up to the job

sid
36 minutes ago, 8ace said:

I'll be interested to see what you think of them when they arrive. I'm looking for an adjustable clutch lever but most of the ones available (under £100) are for 14-15 models, is there any difference for later bike's?

Martin

These ones said 14-15, but mines a 16. I just took a chance considering the price.

Cant see why they'd change the lever fittings on the later bikes, so I'm gonna assume these will fit.

I'll let you know when they arrive and get some pics up etc.

sid

Arrived today - not bad. 10 days from China via Amazon, so very quick delivery.

First impressions are good. Build & finish seems flawless, as does the material quality. I'll fit these Fri / Sat and update further.

iaink

Will be interested to hear how much the reach to the clutch is decreased, ie, how much closer the lever is to the grip when clutch is engaged.

sid

I'll see if I can remember to get some rough measurements.

sid

Ok,

I can confirm they are a perfect fit, no more or less play than the originals.

I took some rough measurements re the clutch lever. Measurements are taken from the front edge of the grip to the front edge of the lever at a point around midway.

Original was 80mm

The replacements on the shortest setting were 75mm and 100mm at the longest.

The only thing you have to watch is that the closer you make them, the less they disengage the clutch. I've got mine set at position 4 which seems fine.

I left the cable free play at around 3-4 mm as it was originally.

Biggest difference is aesthetics - these look much nicer than the oem's.

0HyutZh.jpg

4cChSbj.jpg

8ace

Beautiful, thanks for the update.

Aliexpress here we come.

Martin

sid
4 minutes ago, 8ace said:

Beautiful, thanks for the update.

Aliexpress here we come.

Martin

I got them through Amazon buddy - maybe better buyer protection?

8ace

I've got myself a Christmas Present. 

XubBjVW.jpg

• Like 4

poldark

Very pretty, link please!!

Ah just scrolled back and found it, bargain!!

Edited by poldark
Omission

Hickky

The quality of Chinese made levers as well as rearsets are so good I won't buy from the older established people any more. Tex bought a TEC supplied Chinese levers for his T100 and they were great for the price. I have similar ones to yours, but in Black and gunmetal for my Kwaka. Something like £25 only, bargain!

8ace

Direct from China........ £20 with free shipping :D

• Like 1

sid
On 26/12/2018 at 16:23, 8ace said:

I've got myself a Christmas Present. 

XubBjVW.jpg

Nice,

I like the addition of the decal.

• Like 1