Speedo reading fast

scottiedoug

Hi

My NC is also way out. I questioned this and as soon as I got it and did the same tests as you. I also wore out the chain soon after so checked the 16t front cog theory and as it happened the garage removed the worn out 17t and replaced it with a 16t while I was waiting for the back order 17t the difference was even more speed variation and almost unbelievable mpg registered. and it also clocked up way more miles on the mail taco I was supposedly getting 240+ miles per tank of fuel as opposed to now 220moiles per tank I believe that when the clocks were changed on the recall I was fitted a DCT cluster and this is why the calcs for mpg miles covered and speed are so inaccurate. I have thought about going back to the main dealer but I commute 100miles per day and this bike will keep going so it is not going to have any resale value when I have finished frankly it now works like a dream so I don't want anyone messing it up. Hope my experience helps, safe riding.Phil 

Whether or not the odometer on the NC is correct it agrees with the odometers on my other bikes to a spread of only a couple of tenths of a mile difference across six bikes, but remember a clock that doesn’t run is right twice a day

scottiedoug

The DCT is working great. I would not have known the sprocket was wrong if it were not for the satnav. I have ordered a new chain and sprocket kit, so I will let you know how I get on when I fit the set.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
scottiedoug

I had ordered a new chain but not sprockets as I had bought them when I had the 700X-dct. The rear sprocket is 39t and correct for my nc750x dct but the front was 16t. As a wee experiment I fitted the 39t on the rear wheel to replace the 42t (which is wrong for the dct). I fitted the 16t to the gearbox in place of the 17t.

Here is the story. The 16t is one tooth less but with the 39t wheel sprocket it makes the bike speedo read faster, the same as when the 17t and the 42t combination I.E. at 70 mph on the speedo the satnav is reading 61 mph. Well I had to try it and see, so fitted the 17t back on the gearbox and the 39t is on the back wheel.

I also noticed that the bike was labouring in 6gear  in drive mode  when the wrong sprockets were fitted.

Oh well another road test is inorder. Any excuse to get out on my 750x-DCT :-))

scottiedoug

That is the speedo fixed by fitting the 17t front and 39t rear the speedo reads  60 mph and the satnav reads 58 mph . :D

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
nigelspencer

I had the same problem straight after a service, the wrong sprockets were supplied by the parts company despite their website showing that it was for a DCT