And of course the R1200 GS is the *BOF's Beemer

(* Boring Old Fart)

Edited by fred_jb
  • Haha 1

Rocker66
35 minutes ago, fred_jb said:

And of course the R1200 GS is the *BOF's Beemer

(* Boring Old Fart)

Old Fart maybe but I would be surprised if it’s boring 😀 however your the man that would know.

• Like 1

fred_jb
2 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Old Fart maybe but I would be surprised if it’s boring 😀 however your the man that would know.

That's why I edited the post the change it from BOF Beemer to BOF's Beemer.  In my opinion the bike is not at all boring, but it has the reputation of being bought by people who are - though unfairly I think!

Edited by fred_jb

Rocker66
1 minute ago, fred_jb said:

That's why I edited the post the change it from BOF Beemer to BOF's Beemer.  In my opinion the bike is not at all boring, but it has the reputation of being bought by people who are - though unfairly I think!

Never found your posts boring at all well except the one about electrics and that’s only because electrics are black magic as far as I’m concerned so 99% of it goes over my head. I’m sure others find then illuminating though.*

Pun intended.

• Thanks 1

klrman

If you'd seen the old boy at Squires Cafe yesterday afternoon, you'd understand why

3 minutes ago, fred_jb said:

If you'd seen the antics of an old boy at Squires Cafe yesterday afternoon, you'd understand why

• Haha 1

fred_jb

I have to say I wouldn't be too keen on having witnesses to some of my faffing about getting parked up and setting off.  Anything the slightest bit tricky and I make the wife get off until I have the bike positioned where I want it, and there have been a few times on tours where I've had her wait on the road while I get the bike out of a car park!

Edited by fred_jb
  • Haha 1

Mr Toad
12 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Never found your posts boring at all well except the one about electrics and that’s only because electrics are black magic as far as I’m concerned so 99% of it goes over my head. I’m sure others find then illuminating though.*

Pun intended.

Better over your head than up your arms :) 

• Haha 3

tomcat

luggage.jpg

When it comes to luggage adaption, some people don't know when to stop.

• Like 2

Rocker66

I wouldn’t fancy riding that in a strong crosswind. Come to think of I don’t think I would fancy riding it all.

• Like 1

tomcat

The most amusing fact in the picture is the pillion also is wearing her rucksack!

• Like 1

Spindizzy

I can hear that little rear shock crying from here.

• Haha 2

klrman
1 hour ago, tomcat said:

luggage.jpg

When it comes to luggage adaption, some people don't know when to stop.

It's perfectly understandable. All of that luggage is there to compensate for the absence of the wife, 4 kids, 3 Chickens and a pig. 

Otherwise the bike would be way to light.

Those are not NC's btw, they're C70's

• Haha 4

tomcat

A quick update on the 850.

Riding back in the very early hours on unlit rural roads in temperatures of 2 C, I can report.

1. The LED headlamp is the best unit to see the road ahead I have ever used. 9.9/10. We always want that bit more.

2. The BMW heated grips are much, much better than the Honda fitment on the liveried Crossrunner I'd been riding for North West blood bikes.

3. The mirrors are better positioned for unhindered rear view than the Crossrunner.

4. The engine note sounds very agricultural after riding the Crossrunner for two nights. But bags more torque in lower revs.

5. The "gear shift assist pro" is not as slick as I felt in the demo bike. I'll ask the dealer to have a check when it goes back for first service next week.

• Thanks 1

Mr Toad
6 hours ago, tomcat said:

A quick update on the 850.

Riding back in the very early hours on unlit rural roads in temperatures of 2 C, I can report.

1. The LED headlamp is the best unit to see the road ahead I have ever used. 9.9/10. We always want that bit more.

2. The BMW heated grips are much, much better than the Honda fitment on the liveried Crossrunner I'd been riding for North West blood bikes.

3. The mirrors are better positioned for unhindered rear view than the Crossrunner.

4. The engine note sounds very agricultural after riding the Crossrunner for two nights. But bags more torque in lower revs.

5. The "gear shift assist pro" is not as slick as I felt in the demo bike. I'll ask the dealer to have a check when it goes back for first service next week.

I think number 5 will sort itself out as the gearbox loosens up. :) 

• Like 1

Tex
34 minutes ago, Mr Toad said:

I think number 5 will sort itself out as the gearbox loosens up. :) 

Yes. And number 4 is easily explained. Get the revs up and apply WOT!! :niceone: