Sign in to follow this  
Rocker66

Unusual bike spotted

Rocker66

Steve one of the instructors at Kent M/Cs training posted on FB a photo of a bike that he spotted whilst out with DAS guys.

I had to google it and it turns out it is a Honda PS250 which was marketed in Japan 2004 - 2007 and N.America 2005 - 2006.

To me it appears to be just a bigger version of the Zoom

ps250.jpg

• Like 3

wobble

Wasn't it known as the Ruckus?

• Thanks 2

Rocker66
21 minutes ago, wobble said:

That’s correct

• Like 1

SteveThackery

Fascinating!  Definitely never seen or heard of that bike before.

• Like 1

larryblag

I also spy two NV700S's? 

Edited by larryblag
Esses not exesses's

Rocker66
14 minutes ago, larryblag said:

I also spy two NV700X's? 

NV750X now there is another bike I have never seen they must be hidden behind the 2 NC750Ss😀😀

• Like 1

Tex
2 hours ago, wobble said:

Thanks. I have seen mention of the Ruckus but never knew what one looked like. It’s a scooter without the storage or weather protection, then.. ;) 

klrman

It makes a GS look aesthetically acceptable

Woody 99

This is the Ruckus review on Eaglerider.com. 

The Ruckus looks like it could survive a nuclear blast and come out swinging. But the Ruckus is about way more than just a unique look: Its thrifty 49cc engine gets awesome mileage. It’s Honda V-matic® automatic transmission makes for no-shifting, seamless power in and out of traffic. Its electric starter means you just turn a key, push a button, and you’re outta there. Add in Honda’s legendary reliability, and the Ruckus not only a blast—it’s nearly unstoppable.

embee

The PS250 was known as a "Big Ruckus". The little 50cc Zoom was sometimes called a Ruckus I believe, possibly in the USA?

I wanted a big version but the only examples I've seen, imported from Japan, have been silly money, you could get a new Monkey for less which would probably be a better machine all round and more fun. They'll probably hold their value for novelty reasons, but they're never going to be a much sought after classic. I'm happy to pay for novelty, but only up to a certain level.

• Like 1