baben

Satnag. Aagh!!****

baben

As some may have noticed I have been enthusing about how good the sat nav program on my phone is. It is an extension of the Web based Myroute  and I think is called My route App Navigation or similar. It is excellent in that you plan a route on your laptop and when you open the app on the phone it is magically there for you.

That was the day before yesterday. Yesterday two things happened. First the phone downloaded and installed a system software update, Secondly, the Sat nag program downloaded and installed an update. The net result is that the Satnag program no longer works. When you load a route it goes into a loop of closing and reopening the program and not actually doing anything useful.

The phone is a Samsung A5 running Android of course. Do our IT Gurus (I'm looking at you Fred) have any ideas?

ste7ios

Remove "MyRoute-App Navigation" app and reinstall it. It may fix the problem...

Anyway open a ticket to their support: http://www.myrouteapp.com/support

fred_jb
24 minutes ago, ste7ios said:

Remove "MyRoute-App Navigation" app and reinstall it. It may fix the problem...

Anyway open a ticket to their support: http://www.myrouteapp.com/support

Pretty much what he said!

Make sure you have the correct setting for where to store the maps if you re-install  (either phone internal storage or SD card if you have one in the phone), and you may need to re-download any maps you are using.

baben

Tried the reinstall route, no joy and have now emailed support! Is yours ok Fred?

Edited by baben
  • Sad 1

Tonyj

Serves you right for using a phone , mind you my Montana takes pictures :0)

fred_jb
2 hours ago, baben said:

Tried the reinstall route, no joy and have now emailed support! Is yours ok Fred?

Aaaargh!!   It's happening to me too.  It crashes after loading route and giving first audio instruction.   I have sent feedback and logs via the app prompt.

baben
25 minutes ago, fred_jb said:

Aaaargh!!   It's happening to me too.  It crashes after loading route and giving first audio instruction.   I have sent feedback and logs via the app prompt.

I think this must be the result of their update, not the phone in that case as I doubt your phone system updated at exactly the same time as mine whereas I think you will find you have the 11th October Navigation update. Hopefully a lot of people have the problem and a mellow Dutchman somewhere is smoking an enormous spliff while he sorts it all out.

• Like 1

fred_jb
1 minute ago, baben said:

I think this must be the result of their update, not the phone in that case as I doubt your phone system updated at exactly the same time as mine whereas I think you will find you have the 11th October Navigation update. Hopefully a lot of people have the problem and a mellow Dutchman somewhere is smoking an enormous spliff while he sorts it all out.

Perhaps a little too much smoking was going on before the latest update was released!  :wacko:

fred_jb

Already had a response to the support ticket I opened:

Hi Frederick Briggs,

The latest update, released yesterday, unfortunately had an issue that could cause this problem on a few devices. A new update which solves this issue was made available earlier today (1.2.3), so we recommend checking the Play Store for updates. Apologies for any inconvience caused.

Kind regards,

Developer MyRoute-app

My phone is running 1.2.2 so I will see if the new one is available yet on the Play Store.

fred_jb

Version 1.2.3 is on the Play Store, and solves the issue for me.    That is one of the things I like about this product - the developers are very responsive and are continually improving it, so I don't mind a few short lived bugs along the way.

• Thanks 1