pjm

Rewire Security DB-1 Lite Tracker

fred_jb
15 hours ago, White Skark said:

I have the BikeTrac on my Integra, it works great, had it put on new when I bought the bike in 2016,  don't have the weak signal problem you have in my garage. That seems a large area to geofence Fred, is it too shealded in the garage from something ?.

The reason I bought it was that it found Charlie Boardman's bike before they had chance to dismantle it.

Well the garage is half integral with house, plus it has a metal door, so I'm not surprised it has problems seeing the GPS satellites.  The satnav takes forever to get a fix while in there too, and often fails completely.

The only reason I went for BikeTrac rather than a DIY job is the recovery service.  It is all very well knowing where the bike is, whether stationary or even more problematic, still in motion, but getting it back is an entirely different matter.  BikeTrac have an established relationship with the police and a good recovery record.

You only have to read about Alice (Huskyteer) and the failure of the police to get her bike back even when she supplied its location, to see that dealing with the police yourself can be problematic.

Edited by fred_jb

pjm

That’s because Alice is far too nice. I guarantee by the time I had called Sky News and the Daily Mail they would have gone to get it😄😄 Thats if my gentle charm had failed. I still see that Alice would have a genuine civil action for the police failing to act as it will hurt her in ongoing premiums for a long time 

• Like 1

Mr Toad
11 minutes ago, pjm said:

That’s because Alice is far too nice. I guarantee by the time I had called Sky News and the Daily Mail they would have gone to get it😄😄 Thats if my gentle charm had failed. I still see that Alice would have a genuine civil action for the police failing to act as it will hurt her in ongoing premiums for a long time 

Just tell them you saw what looks like a gun.

When they can't find one and get tetchy and say "I thought you said they had a firearm?"

Your response will be "I thought you said you were too busy to come!" :) 

• Haha 1

pjm

On the site where Alice’s bike ended up they would have probably found firearms anyway😱

• Sad 1

Andy m

With the West Yorkshire plod, its a difficult choice. If you mention "gun" they arrive faster, but then you've got two skinheads in jack boots with Heckler&Knobs about the place looking for something to shoot. Their latest triumph was electrocuting a dog on the day a former colleague of their was send down for rape. It's like giving the Chuckle Brothers Atomic weapons. 

Andy

• Haha 5

Tex

So, Andy, How is the ‘Voice of Reason’ role working out for you? ;) 

• Haha 7

pjm

And that’s just his two mates that give him the ‘real’ low down on modern policing🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

White Skark

As they say Fred, if you wnat the best you have to pay for it, we both have peace of mind. Mine is a detached garage so no problem.

pjm

I have had Biketrac. Shame they didn’t offer a discount for long term subscription. I know they knock a bit off but after 5 years they could have offered a bit more. I am quite happy with the DB-1. 

Andy m
11 hours ago, Tex said:

So, Andy, How is the ‘Voice of Reason’ role working out for you? ;) 

Was I supposed to keep doing that? Oh dear. 

Andy

• Haha 2

Andy m

I have ordered one of these and will report back. The electrical bit should be easy, the IT stuff we shall see. 

Andy

pjm

Beauty of it is Andy you don’t have to think about the IT. Any problems ring up and they will walk you through it. Based in The UK and speak and understand English. I triggered leaving geo zone notification today, worked fine. I have it set to send me an email and it makes a sound on my phone. What I didn’t realise until today was that it also had a very sensitive vibration sensor. I was fiddling with the bike doing a bit more work on my distribution block and it kept tripping the alert. I went on to the app and simply turned the vibration alerts off.  Just turned it back on again. Simple.

Edited by pjm

kayz1

Peter, can you or did you down load the App before you power up the thingy :lol:  Tracker?

Lyn.

pjm

I already had the app from the tracker I previously had on the Porsche. I think you download the latest app first and scan in the bar code and it sets up the basics.

kayz1

Thank you.. will give it a try.

Lyn.