Sign in to follow this  
Chip

Full Circle

Chip

Well I have gone full cirlcle, Sold the NC 750X bought a VFR Crossruner, sold the Crossrunner and now bought another NC750X.

You don’t realise how good these bikes are for commuting until you get rid of it. Loving this one, I forgot how manoeuvrable and we’ll balanced the NC was, and narrow enough to get through most gaps when compared to the VFR.19F8458F-61F9-4F04-872F-D2E2E148DD58_64. Had fun fitting heated grips today. The 2018 model has traction control and the damn switch does not provide enough clearence to allow installation of the Oxford grips heat controller. Small modification and an hour later a new bracket has been fabricated and all is working fine.

Here is the bike in all it’s glory with out the controller fitted.

4F91554C-9DD0-43E3-8AEC-EF751764F986_64.

• Like 6

Jeffprince

Well done Dale. Welcome back to the fold. 

Chip

Thanks Jeff, we’ll have to meet up again and go for a blast up to Devils Bridge and down through the Elan Valley.

• Like 1

machinman
16 minutes ago, Chip said:

Well I have gone full cirlcle, Sold the NC 750X bought a VFR Crossruner, sold the Crossrunner and now bought another NC750X.

You don’t realise how good these bikes are for commuting until you get rid of it. Loving this one, I forgot how manoeuvrable and we’ll balanced the NC was, and narrow enough to get through most gaps when compared to the VFR.19F8458F-61F9-4F04-872F-D2E2E148DD58_64. Had fun fitting heated grips today. The 2018 model has traction control and the damn switch does not provide enough clearence to allow installation of the Oxford grips heat controller. Small modification and an hour later a new bracket has been fabricated and all is working fine.

Here is the bike in all it’s glory with out the controller fitted.

4F91554C-9DD0-43E3-8AEC-EF751764F986_64.

Thoughts on the crossrunner please sir..

Foxy

Hi Dale, bike looks great, would be interested what you think of the 18 bike compared to what you had previously.

Chip

The Crossrunner is a great bike, build quality is streets ahead of the NC but it is twice the price. It is big, wide and heavy but it does carry its wait well once moving. The VTec is nice when it kicks in, and contrary to popular belief they are not restricted to 127 mph ( one reason for changing, it wants to go and I want to keep my license). The seat is one thing I am missing, it is super comfy and great for long distance touring. Best I managed on fuel was 54mpg and cost £18 to fill. NC is streets ahead in this respect, second reason for changing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chip
11 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Hi Dale, bike looks great, would be interested what you think of the 18 bike compared to what you had previously.

Compared to the 2016 model, there’s not much between them. I did notice that I don’t red line this one so easily now that it has been raised. The engine is sweet and I have not spared the horses running it in. I have noticed that the standard screen is not that bad really when compared to the Crosssrunner ( I’m 6’1”). I personally don’t think it needs the torque control function, but that’s just my opinion. Overall glad I have come back to the NC. Means I can now have a new Sunday jolly in the near future (may be a Triumph T100).

• Like 1

Exceledsteve

I'm with you on the licence thing Dale. I received my only ever 3 points and £100 fine on my Crossrunner a few years ago. They do like to break the speed limit (6 lane dual carriageway in this case doing 75!). So much tech about these days we're all running a gauntlet on powerful bikes. Restraint is constantly necessary and the edge has been taken off the fun a bit. I'm not usually one to crow about the good old days but these aren't them anymore. 

Chip
6 minutes ago, Exceledsteve said:

I'm with you on the licence thing Dale. I received my only ever 3 points and £100 fine on my Crossrunner a few years ago. They do like to break the speed limit (6 lane dual carriageway in this case doing 75!). So much tech about these days we're all running a gauntlet on powerful bikes. Restraint is constantly necessary and the edge has been taken off the fun a bit. I'm not usually one to crow about the good old days but these aren't them anymore. 

Yes it is a bike that wants to go and feels happier when the engine is spinning. Can honestly say I am not missing it though I am enjoying getting reacquainted with the NC.

Chip

.......and another thing, folk are nicer (friendlier) on this forum compared to the VFR forum.

Edited by Chip
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rocker66

I know it’s all down to personal taste and want you want from a bike but I don’t regret swapping my NC for a Crossrunner one bit. The NC whilst a very good bike just didn’t give me that buzz.

• Like 1