TheEnglishman

Honda Heated Grips - switch

TheEnglishman

Anyone taken the LHS grip to bits to replace the switch - or know if it's repairable?  Mine won't switch on as the top part of the switch seems jammed.  

Taking the RHS grip to bits to repair the wires was a PITA in itself so I'm guessing major surgery with the Dremel.  

If no one has I'll post pics at the weekend.  I hate chucking stuff like this out just because it 'sounds tricky' to fix.

P.S. - it's not the controller box or the battery voltage or the alternator.  It's the switch.

• Like 1

Graham NZ

If it's not working then you have nothing to loose.  Good luck.  It's amazing the things which can be achieved with a Dremel.

Woody 99
5 hours ago, TheEnglishman said:

Anyone taken the LHS grip to bits to replace the switch - or know if it's repairable?  Mine won't switch on as the top part of the switch seems jammed.  

Taking the RHS grip to bits to repair the wires was a PITA in itself so I'm guessing major surgery with the Dremel.  

If no one has I'll post pics at the weekend.  I hate chucking stuff like this out just because it 'sounds tricky' to fix.

P.S. - it's not the controller box or the battery voltage or the alternator.  It's the switch.

The switch itself is a PITA. If you’re wearing gloves, as I guess most of us do, switching off can be incredibly difficult. 

TheEnglishman
16 hours ago, Woody 99 said:

The switch itself is a PITA. If you’re wearing gloves, as I guess most of us do, switching off can be incredibly difficult. 

I use the key - never had a failure.  YMMV

Woody 99
1 minute ago, TheEnglishman said:

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the switch for the heated grips. 

Tex
9 hours ago, Woody 99 said:

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the switch for the heated grips. 

We were. Or, rather, he was. Where the key comes into it is anyone’s guess. 

• Like 1

lipsee

Having had these grip on my old NC,I doubt you,ll be able to fix,,but no harm in trying..If you make a mess just buy some Oxford grips... For my self I hate ever messing with the hand grips,,I always seem to make a foulup,fitting a pair of barkbuster s ,I made a right pigs ear,,I had to get a friendly Kawaski dealer to sort it out for me,,( on the assumption I was going to buy a Kwacker, have not been back  since)anyway all the best

klrman
On 23/10/2018 at 05:13, Woody 99 said:

11 hours ago, TheEnglishman said:

A switch made from bread ?

"Your mileage may vary" ?

What the hell are these people  talking about ?

This forum is being taken over by the "OK Ya" brigade

• Haha 1

Woody 99

PITA. Pain the the @r$€. Ok ya?

• Like 2

klrman
1 hour ago, Woody 99 said:

PITA. Pain the the @r$€. Ok ya?

Thanks for that. I've lead a sheltered life

I'm obviously going to have to get on the big river site and acquire a copy of the urban dictionary

pjm

FFS! OMG! LOL!

• Haha 1

slowboy
1 hour ago, klrman said:

Thanks for that. I've lead a sheltered life

I'm obviously going to have to get on the big river site and acquire a copy of the urban dictionary

Not that sheltered I'm sure. No Jo mamma down here😉

(And that's a good thing)😁😎

Edited by slowboy
  • Haha 1

baben

Smug Alert. The heated grip button on the Tiger is a huge thing, about the size of a ten p coin. Very easy to find and use!

Mr Toad

Never had any issues with the the heated grip switch while wearing gloves with my NC.

TheEnglishman

It comes to bits quite easily.   There's one small screw underneath the button assembly.  And its the wiring that seems to be made of dried pasta.  Another break on the switched 'on' wire.