Busy day today

neojynx

Fitted the hand muffs (Tight fit but patience works) so hands will be toasty now.  Also took the forks off today and taken apart in readiness for fitting the new seals tomorrow.  All good fun.

wgUTHr1Y_C2jo0E_v8IfuaKHmZkipKVYJ41JiU3H

Someone stole the front of my bike :)

s16NJw0Co79bmybbSdu_y6KL_E2mgUfTy--7P9rl

Lots of bits, cleaned up.

hJsZb5e0iHb8nQQc3rhnvCdjZZSKe1PWZrPbHFJl

Disgusting grey oil removed

Hs_TRwlNnssRvwerXWNS1OA9nNOYp3qRc54oQkfG

Home made seal driver

h_egsBHJNXKOV2A8B39UjWf9GAWCgxqt3YomV8R-

• Like 2
MikeBike

Bet you're looking forward to some nice warm tight muffs and some good forks.

• Haha 5

Hey, I never noticed before - the NC indicators look like Shrek’s ears.. ;) 

Good job on the forks dude, but your garage needs a good clear out.. :D 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Tex said:

Good job on the forks dude, but your garage needs a good clear out.. :D 

We recently moved so getting there slowly.

I need to clear out anyway so I can get my R1150RT in there as well.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, neojynx said:

Paint the walls...please🙂

5 hours ago, neojynx said:

Sorry mate, my remark was made in jest but in hindsight came across as a bit rude. :( 

PoppetM

The MITTS do get softer over t8me, so next winter fitting will be so much easier, and the year after they will just slide straight on. 

Shrek ears.... bit like the BMW headlight...on e you see it you can’t unsee it.....

When we moved in not only were the garage walls magnolia but we also have a cream carpet laid by the previous owner which requires hoovering. 

2 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

The MITTS do get softer over t8me, so next winter fitting will be so much easier, and the year after they will just slide straight on. 

Shrek ears.... bit like the BMW headlight...on e you see it you can’t unsee it.....

When we moved in not only were the garage walls magnolia but we also have a cream carpet laid by the previous owner which requires hoovering. 

That’s what I am talking about, painted walls and carpet😀👍👍👍

not sure about magnolia😳 I have a vacuum for my garage, the neighbours think it’s hilarious when I vacuum the painted floor and touch up the dry lined walls when they get knocked or dirty😠

PoppetM
7 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

That’s what I am talking about, painted walls and carpet😀👍👍👍

not sure about magnolia😳 I have a vacuum for my garage, the neighbours think it’s hilarious when I vacuum the painted floor and touch up the dry lined walls when they get knocked or dirty😠

It actually works well against the cream carpet...just haven’t persauded Andy to move into it yet....he waits until theneighbours go out before moving the cars and getting the dyson on it :dielaugh:

• Haha 1

Well finished the fork seals today.  Only real issue was trying to screw the dampers back in, but managed to ram a still bar down the fork and hold the damper enough to screw it up.  Otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Suspension feels a lot stiffer now having used 10 weight fork oil.  I think I'm going to prefer it to what it was. 

Next time I will buy a proper seal driver.  The plastic pipe was okay, but a bit fiddly.

I have a seal driver and its still a bit of a chore to seat them fully - they always seem to stop just before they bottom out...... (Blo*dy friction ;-)

1 hour ago, rjp996 said:

I have a seal driver and its still a bit of a chore to seat them fully - they always seem to stop just before they bottom out...... (Blo*dy friction ;-)

Worth knowing.  The plastic pipe does work okay.  I did buy the very cheapest so it started to splay out a bit after usage.

BTW -- Now Ive done a couple of hundred miles since the fork oil change, I can say it has certainly stiffened up the front suspension in a good way.  Much better..