Sign in to follow this  
Steveb2418

R @G crash bungs

Steveb2418

After reading off one or two fellow members low speed drops recently I’ve looked online at crash bungs . R & G although very expensive seem  a good choice . Does anyone have them ? I also have the Honda light mounting fitted to my 2014 750x Would this interfere with mounting the bungs ?  I’ve always felt that the right side of the bike with its plastic ? DCT cover protruding would be especially vulnerable in  even a low speed topple . 

Rev Ken

I' had R&G crash bungs on my CBF1000 and they saved me a large bill! On my bike they were mounted in place of the front engine fixing bolt and had a 'softer' bolt tightened to a lower torque. This stopped the front engine lug being snapped off on a slow speed drop as the bolt would bend or sheer. However in my case it had seized in the engine mounting and my over-enthusiastic son helping his old dad out, sheered it off leaving me with the job of drilling it out, clearing the threads and replacing it with another 'soft' bolt. Difficult, but I managed after a struggle!

I reckon they are worth it, albeit they do seem to be a bit pricey for what you get!

• Like 1

Steveb2418

Thanks for your informed opinion  RevKen . Appreciated :-)